We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best primitive camping between Salt Lake and Torrey

2 posts
Best primitive camping between Salt Lake and Torrey

Hi, I’m picking my daughter up from Salt Lake airport on the 15th of September Late afternoon.. Wanting to take her someplace spectacular to camp that night (with the gorgeous rock views) then needing to be in Torrey by late afternoon on the 16th. Wondering about Cedar breaks. Is that on our way? Any other suggestions? We have a fairly self sufficient glamming van, so outside of campgrounds are our preference, but a nice uncrowned one with great views would be fine.

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
5,190 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Best primitive camping between Salt Lake and Torrey

Greetings and welcome to the forum.

Mid Sept will be getting colder in the mountains and the upper elevations may even be receiving snow. I would head south. Cedar Breaks is at an elevation of 10,000 feet, so will be colder. And it's way off route between Salt Lake City and Torrey. I might look into finding a spot somewhere in the San Rafael Swell. Nat Geo make a good map of the area. Find some pics on line that look cool and see if you can get there.

2 posts
2. Re: Best primitive camping between Salt Lake and Torrey

Hmmm not really on the way. Anyplace in our route that you could recommend for beautiful views and car camping? Preferably on blm land rather than campgrounds.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
56 reviews
3. Re: Best primitive camping between Salt Lake and Torrey

You could look at The Wedge. Still off the direct route but it ticks all of your other requirements.

Reply to: Best primitive camping between Salt Lake and Torrey
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted