We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 week coastal maine vacation

State College...
5 posts
Save Topic
2 week coastal maine vacation

I am planning a 2 - 21/2 week coastal drive up the Maine coast in June 2018. A major objective of the trip is sunrise/sunset photography in addition to tidal pool areas for macro photography opportunities.

Here is my tentative itinerary:

Bath area - 2 to 3 days - this would include the Botanical Gardens

Bucksport area - 2 to 3 days

Jonesport area - 2 to 3 days

Lubec/Campobello - up to a week - includes a puffin trip

Except for the possibility of stopping for popovers - Acadia is not part of the agenda - Schoodic Point, however, is very much part of the agenda.

From internet searches, each of these locations seem to provide a good stop to explore that area of the coast and various natural preserves. Please correct me if I am incorrect in this assumption. Also, I would appreciate any suggestions as to locations for great photography opportunities - out of the way is just fine with me.

I would greatly appreciate any advice that you all could provide that would improve this tentative agenda.

13 replies to this topic
State College...
5 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: 2 week coastal maine vacation

First, I want to thank all of you for your input, because of this information and continued internet research the above trip has changed a bit. But let me clarify the Acadia/Bar Harbor situation, I went there 2 years ago and as beautiful as it was - there was way to many people - and this was supposedly a historically low time to visit.

So, for the final itinerary:

Campobello Island - 7 to 8 days - this timeframe, hopefully will provide enough time to really explore the area and do the puffin tour from Cutler

Port Clyde - 2 days - for the town itself and photography opportunities it provides and Monhegan Island

New Harbor - 2 days - includes the Botanical Garden

Harpswell - 3 days

Now I need to get busy and reserve lodging at each of these areas and reserving a puffin tour spot. So again, thank you all for your input

Marilyn

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,576 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 2 week coastal maine vacation

That sounds good. Better than the original. Be sure you get to the Marshall Point Lighthouse while in Port Clyde. I'm glad you will get out to Monhegan Island. It's magic.

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,825 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 2 week coastal maine vacation

Check out the Giant Staircase (Bailey Island) when at the Harpswells.

Reply to: 2 week coastal maine vacation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lubec