We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in Lubec Maine

Portland, Maine
1 post
Camping in Lubec Maine

Hi!

I am planning a trip to Lubec Maine for early October with my friend. We would like to watch the sunrise on a beach, and are looking for a place to camp out. We do not want to stay at a camp ground, we really just want to find a beach (or water front area) and pitch our tent. Are there any beaches/water front areas in Lubec, Maine that we would be able to do that on (with out getting in trouble)? We don't need any luxurious sandy beach, any rocky, or forest area will do as well. we are just looking to be on the water!

Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
Lubec, Maine
5 posts
1. Re: Camping in Lubec Maine

South Bay Campgrounds might allow tents. Cobscook Bay Park allows tents. Sunset Point has campers, but talk to Dallas... maybe? Herring Cove Park on Campobello Island, NB, allows tents at their park on the beach, if you have passports. West Quoddy Head State park does not allow camping. Or, you may ask a beach home owner? If you are concerned about the town ordinances, phone the Lubec Town Hall for info.

chessie

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
173 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Camping in Lubec Maine

Not sure about just camping on the beach, but each time I've been in Lubec, I've camped at http://sunsetpointrvpark.com/

There are sites right next to the bay so you can watch the tides flow and there is a landing for watching the sunrise... But I've also just watched it rise by sticking my head out of the tent.

Good luck and please report back if you find a spot. Would love to beach camp next time I'm up that way.

Reply to: Camping in Lubec Maine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lubec