We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best restaurants to go to with kids?

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best restaurants to go to with kids?

We are staying at La Cantera Resort but will be spending time at several places (Sea World, Aquatica, Riverwalk, Natural Bridges Wildlife Ranch, etc). I am looking for some good fun restaurants that are kid friendly around these places. Anyone have any suggestions? We like everything but fish. :)

5 replies to this topic
san antonio
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best restaurants to go to with kids?

2 Bros BBQ on West has a nice outdoor play area for the kids, as does Bigz burgers, but it's so hot out I think you won't want to spend much time outdoors.

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best restaurants to go to with kids?

The food here is not great, but the atmosphere and experience are hilarious!

https://www.magictimemachine.com/

My husband and I both went to the Magic Time Machine when we were kids, and we loved it! Costumed waitstaff, the Salad Car, and get the Roman Orgy!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38,880 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best restaurants to go to with kids?

The Buckhorn Saloon.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,970 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best restaurants to go to with kids?

Mi Tierra is a festive place kids would like (Tex Mex and iconic) and there is the Rainforest Cafe (overpriced and average food...but fun) on the Riverwalk. You might head out to Leon Springs for the original Rudy's BBQ, not that far from La Cantera.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,771 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best restaurants to go to with kids?

+1 for Mi Tierra

There are several restaurants with playgrounds. I eat at these because of the food/ambiance/bar - Smoke House, The Cove, Tycoon Flats, Sea Island (most locations)

Reply to: Best restaurants to go to with kids?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted