We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot air ballon ride from Santa Fe?

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
21 posts
20 reviews
Hot air ballon ride from Santa Fe?

Need information on booking a hot air ballon ride that leaves from Santa Fe in late March. Any suggestions would be most helpful!

6 replies to this topic
Albuquerque, New...
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
135 reviews
1. Re: Hot air ballon ride from Santa Fe?

Nothing in Santa Fe until May. santafeballoons is the website. You would stand a better chance of a flight in Albuquerque: World Balloons and Rainbow Ryder.

Aurora, Illinois
Destination Expert
for New Mexico, Santa Fe, Albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,672 posts
159 reviews
2. Re: Hot air ballon ride from Santa Fe?

I've used Rainbow Ryders in Albuquerque and highly recommend them. I had a great time! https:/… They do fly all year round (unless the weather is dangerous).

Keith

Edited: 04 February 2018, 06:27
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
22,300 posts
58 reviews
3. Re: Hot air ballon ride from Santa Fe?

Keith!!!!!! You are back! Rainbow Riders is great!!! I never see hot air balloons in Santa Fe.

Edited: 04 February 2018, 07:38
Kalispell, Montana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Santa Fe, Sedona
Level Contributor
11,175 posts
798 reviews
4. Re: Hot air ballon ride from Santa Fe?

I also vote for Rainbow Riders in ABQ. I think the air currents and location is just better for ballooning down in ABQ. Plus you could also visit the Balloon Museum down there. And also take the Aerial Tram, the longest in North America. The tram is best done in the morning so that you are not looking into the sun. Balloons will not fly if its too windy.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
38 posts
125 reviews
5. Re: Hot air ballon ride from Santa Fe?

We've been up with Santa Fe Balloons, piloted by Johnny Lewis who is not only one of the most experienced balloon pilots in the world, and has a spotless safety record and is extremely funny. He pilots from May through October and the reason you may not have seen balloons in Santa Fe is because he takes off and lands in Las Barrancas, a beautiful area just north of Santa Fe.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
9,274 posts
244 reviews
6. Re: Hot air ballon ride from Santa Fe?

hey Keith! Welcome back! I've missed you and your "uber" trip reports-

good to see your name back in the forums :)

Reply to: Hot air ballon ride from Santa Fe?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted