We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is Christmas decoration up?

New York
Level Contributor
82 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
When is Christmas decoration up?

I'm planning a visit to SF for 5 days during Thanksgiving and was wondering when the Christmas decoration would be up. I remember vaguely I read somewhere that the whole town usually is decorated in the days following Thanksgiving.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
22,153 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When is Christmas decoration up?

Usually around Thanksgiving the downtown area hotels have their lights up. Wonderful time of year to visit.

Santa Fe, NM
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is Christmas decoration up?

Yes, SF lights up right after Thanksgiving, also a great time to shop for unique Xmas gifts. Museum gift shops in town are wonderful, especially Folk Art Museum shop and Case Trading Post at the Wheelwright. Also, Keshi for Zuni fetishes and Doodlets for fun and inexpensive curios.

Mentioned in this post
Keshi
Keshi
215 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
3. Re: When is Christmas decoration up?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2010, 12:17