We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging near the Plaza

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,578 posts
6 reviews
Lodging near the Plaza

We will be in Santa Fe Oct. 13, 14 and 15.

Can you recommend lodging near the Plaza, with atmosphere? Perhaps a courtyard with flowers and birds? :~)

Price under $200.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,868 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: Lodging near the Plaza

Hi Puter! Altho' we stayed at Inn of the Governors (http://innofthegovernors.com) for 3 nights and really enjoyed it, we fell in love with La Fonda (www.lafondasantafe.com) on the Plaza. The historic, artistic ambiance was fabulous and their interior courtyard restaurant was beautiful. For your 3 nights you could tap into their "3 for 2" special and get a queen room for what would average out to be $179--a great deal! Send me a private message if you have any questions about what to see in the Santa Fe area. I have loads of notes and would be very glad to share them. We spent 3 nights in Santa Fe, 3 in Taos and 2 in Albuquerque (last Oct.) and are more than ready to go back!

Santa Fe, NM
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Lodging near the Plaza

Suggest you look at TripAdvisors top hotels for Santa Fe, which are all downtown. Old Santa Fe Inn will be under $200 as you hope, Five Graces won't be, and Inn on the Alameda might be if you have AAA membership. All three have courtyards and breakfast included.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,578 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Lodging near the Plaza

Well, Forestvillian, fancy running into you here :~).

Thank you for the recs and would love to have any advice you have on things to see. We were in Santa Fe years ago, and Taos as well, but decided to check back on our way to.....believe it or not...Texas.

(DH's first teaching job was at Rice University, a long, long time ago, and we decided to save a larger and more distant trip for spring.)

Also, thank you Santa Fe Red. The two of you have given me something to work on.

Santa Rosa, CA
Level Contributor
32 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: Lodging near the Plaza

I would love to see you notes on Santa Fe if you would share them.

Pam

Santa Rosa

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,868 posts
88 reviews
5. Re: Lodging near the Plaza

I've contacted Pam60 and have e-mailed my travel notes. Would be happy to do the same for others. Send me a private message and I'll respond.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,578 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Lodging near the Plaza

Forestvillian sent her notes to me, as well, and they are wonderful. Should be a permanent part of the info on this forum, I think. (Yes, we are Californians, but well-traveled ones, and we might be able to give some insight for other tourists.) The California Forum has some wonderful trip reports from Brits, for example, which often surprise me with insights I had never had.

We decided on a deluxe king in the Governor's Inn and think we will be very happy. Looking forward to Santa Fe.

7. Re: Lodging near the Plaza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2010, 12:16