We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

inn of the five graces VS encantado

Earth
2 posts
Save Topic
inn of the five graces VS encantado

Hello, I'm planning on traveling to Santa Fe this month and I'm torn between being in-town at inn of the five graces and being out of town at encantado resort. I have not been to either hotel, but I'm looking for a place that will be special for an anniversary trip. It looks like both hotels are very nice. The Encantado looks nice and private with the casitas, but is out of town (maybe that's a good thing). The Five Graces looks artsy and lavish and is in town. Can anyone shed light on this?

Santa Fe, NM
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: inn of the five graces VS encantado

Both will be lovely for an anniversary, it really boils down to staying in town at Five Graces and being able to walk if you wish (lots of great downtown restaurants, etc.) or having to drive in from Encantado (about 12 miles) for eveyrthing you want to do in Santa Fe proper. Five Graces is more exotic (tilework, carved screens, unique art objets), Encantado more sleekly upscale, with full spa services and facilities. Again, relative to your anniversary interests during your stay, driving vs. easy access is key.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: inn of the five graces VS encantado

Also 5 Graces is fairly compact, as are most places in town. Encantado, which is about 10-15 minutes ride in the foothills is on beautiful acreage, very outdoors setting, good views, open spaces, etc. So that also might influence your choice.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
882 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: inn of the five graces VS encantado

How many nights? Maybe you can stay at both for 1 or 2 nights each.

What a choice. Both are unique and very very nice!

I just saw Encantado for the first time this past week. If you don't stay there, you might have dinner there. The food was fantastic! The views are unbeatable!

Earth
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: inn of the five graces VS encantado

Thanks for the input everyone- I thought I was leaning toward the Five Graces, but now I'm not sure again... :) I think either will be great - I guess it depends on what we want to do. I guess if I had to sum up the trip, it would be to get away from the city, so maybe Encantado would be more relaxing. We are definitely foodies, and are most interested in hiking and getting outside but I guess it will be pretty chilly...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: inn of the five graces VS encantado

A few years ago in November we stayed at the casitas across the road from Encantdo. (It was a dude ranch then, a very nice one. Now it is fully renovated). Anyway the weather was lovely. It is pretty sunny there and there were a few leaves left on the trees. The weather was brisk but not freezing and did make for good hikes. Yes it would be nice to be in town, but Encantado is fine.(maybe in the foothills there couldbe some snowflakes - possible at that time of year).

As a foodie you will love Santa Fe. If you get a chance, take a 1/2 day course at Santa Fe School of Cooking. Very fun infomatove and delicious.

http://santafeschoolofcooking.com/index.html

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,473 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: inn of the five graces VS encantado

If you are a foodie...are you also into wines, martini's and margaritas? If so, I would stay within walking distance of all the restaurants around the Plaza. Plenty of hiking options around Santa Fe.

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: inn of the five graces VS encantado

The chef at Encantado is really wonderful, I highly recommend a meal there. If you stay there check to see if they have a complimentary car service to take you to dinner in town, they you can enjoy cocktails and wine without any problems.

8. Re: inn of the five graces VS encantado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2010, 12:17