We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving at ABQ 11pm, should we stay over at airport hotel

NYC
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
Arriving at ABQ 11pm, should we stay over at airport hotel

or head to Santa fe in the shuttle van , listed 11.45 last trip.We are travelling tomorrow friday.10/16 Any advice ASAP!! Thanks!!

Belmont...
Level Contributor
672 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving at ABQ 11pm, should we stay over at airport hotel

That's a late arrival.....I do not know if they hold the van in the event your flight is delayed....It's not a long drive, I would probably do it since someone else is driving! If you miss the shuttle you should be able to get a room at one of the airport hotels, now that Balloon Fiesta is over, I seriously doubt they'd be completely full.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving at ABQ 11pm, should we stay over at airport hotel

I fly often fly into ABQ late, and have taken to staying overnight near the airport before driving up to Santa Fe. I have used Hotwire to get good rates; you can also use Expedia. One good choice is the Hyatt Place.

I'm not sure about the shuttle, esp. if there is a plane delay. By staying overnight in ABQ you are more rested and do the trip in the daytime so you can see the scenery.

If you are coming from NYC, there is almost always a change of planes to ABQ whic can be a hassle. I'd rather then just crash and go up north in the AM. ]

Good luck : )

NYC
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving at ABQ 11pm, should we stay over at airport hotel

I forgot to say we're 19 and not driving..we're flying in from Ontario, CA change planes in PHX, supposed to land in ABQ 11pm...

Thank you both, consensus is stay over at airport hotel...it's around $60 at Best western. Should I still priceline it?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,381 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving at ABQ 11pm, should we stay over at airport hotel

Also look at prices at the Hilton Garden Inn, one of the closest hotels to the Abq airport. In the morning you can either take a shuttle or ride the Railrunner Train from Abq to Santa Fe. There is decent bus service in Santa Fe if you are staying outside of the Railyard/Plaza area.

NYC
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving at ABQ 11pm, should we stay over at airport hotel

hi CasaAzul,

I wrote you on another forum..$79 rate at Sage inn vs. $125 @ Chapelle Casitas. Can u help me figure this out? railyard vs plaza!!

any advice..I mean we are looking to save money...2 nts each??!!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,381 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving at ABQ 11pm, should we stay over at airport hotel

Go for the Sage Inn! Great location, not that far from the Plaza and across the street from the Railyard, which is the new place to go! You could take the Railrunner Train from Abq to SF and walk to the Sage Inn.

NYC
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving at ABQ 11pm, should we stay over at airport hotel

thanks!! so excited...but does the Railrunner run friday nites after midnite?? I will def. take it on Tues. when I leave...I 'll check out the casitas next time...Thanks everyone!!

NYC
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving at ABQ 11pm, should we stay over at airport hotel

CasaAzul...R they 'strict' about the over 21 to check in rule?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Arriving at ABQ 11pm, should we stay over at airport hotel

Thnk about the Albuqueruqe Grand, their shuttle will pick you up at the airport and return you there next day so you can catch the SF shuttle. Don't know their rates but they are renovating right now, so you might be able to wangle a deal...

NYC
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Arriving at ABQ 11pm, should we stay over at airport hotel

thank you everyone!! A friend is picking up upon arrival!! and driving back to Santa fe.