We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Santa Fe Airport (SAF) to La Fonda Inn

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
266 posts
26 reviews
Transportation from Santa Fe Airport (SAF) to La Fonda Inn

Can anyone tell me what is more economical for 2 people to get from SAF to the Plaza: Taxi or Roadrunner Shuttle? I understand from other posts that the Roadrunner is cheaper, but I assume Roadrunner charges per person, while a taxi charges per ride.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
921 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Transportation from Santa Fe Airport (SAF) to La Fonda Inn

I think Roadrunner charges $15per person.

505-424-3367 to be sure.

They have a van to meet all the flights

You can call our one and only taxi company to get a quote.

505-438-0000. Capital City Cab.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12 posts
125 reviews
2. Re: Transportation from Santa Fe Airport (SAF) to La Fonda Inn

I will agree with Whitecar Roadrunner shuttle is the best they have a desk at the airport. They will take you anywhere in santa fee for $15. Cab is expensive

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
3. Re: Transportation from Santa Fe Airport (SAF) to La Fonda Inn

It's a long way from the Santa Fe airport to the Plaza--at least 30 minutes. The shuttle, paying for two, is still going to be cheaper than sharing a cab.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
266 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Transportation from Santa Fe Airport (SAF) to La Fonda Inn

Thank you all for the feedback.

I also found an interesting website since my posting. Not sure how accurate it is but it seems to correspond with what I have seen on other posts. Taxi from airport to plaza is listed as $ 38.69

http://www.numbeo.com/taxi-fare

Thanks again.

Edited: 25 May 2012, 03:26
Dallas, Texas
1 post
5. Re: Transportation from Santa Fe Airport (SAF) to La Fonda Inn

I had a hearing in Santa Fe at 12 p.m. My flight from Dallas to Santa Fe was delayed and I only had half an hour to get from the airport in Santa Fe to the Courthouse downtown. At this point, cost didn't matter, but it would have taken longer to get a cab to come get me and drive me back to town, so I decided to use the Roadrunner shuttle service. Of course, there were other people also wanting to use the shuttle service and they had to proess them asl well, but I was out of time! I started to second guess my decision not to call a cab so I approached the very nice lady behind the desk and asked how long it would be before the shuttle left. At that very moment, the owner of Roadrunner comes up and asks what's going on. When I explained my situation, he moved me from a shuttle to a private suburban and had someone drive me straight to the courthouse without charging me an extra dime. I WILL USE THIS SERVICE EVERY SINGLE TIME I AM IN SANTA FE! Talk about Service! They were all wonderful and I HIGHLY recommend them.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
480 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Transportation from Santa Fe Airport (SAF) to La Fonda Inn

My driving time from Tesuque (near the Opera House) to Santa Fe airport is around 20 minutes, so it will be less than that going into the plaza area of Santa fe. Cabs are few and far between and not reliable from my past experience. It sounds like the shuttle would work out well for you. Your drive time will also depend upon how many others are in the van with you and if their stops are before yours.

Car rental is easy and opens up more exploration of the Santa Fe area. It could be cheaper but you also need to factor in parking fees.

7. Re: Transportation from Santa Fe Airport (SAF) to La Fonda Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 09:15