We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern Lights in Roosevelt National Park (Medora)

Spring Grove...
Level Contributor
8 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
Northern Lights in Roosevelt National Park (Medora)

Anyone know if you can see the northern lights (aurora borealis) in Medora, in the month of October? If so, where is the best place and approximately what time.

Mentioned in this post
Medora
Medora
North Dakota
3 replies to this topic
North Dakota
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Northern Lights in Roosevelt National Park (Medora)

I think the best answer would come from the staff at Theodore Roosevelt National Park (south unit). 701-623-4466. The northern lights are usually hard to forecast and most of the time I see them in the winter late at night. Even without the northern lights the night sky (if it is clear) would be spectacular anywhere in the park.

Mentioned in this post
Theodore Roosevelt National Park
Theodore Roosevelt...
1,354 Reviews
Medora, ND
Spring Grove...
Level Contributor
8 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Northern Lights in Roosevelt National Park (Medora)

Thank you for taking the time to reply and answer my question. Looking forward to visiting the Roosevelt Nat'l Park

3. Re: Northern Lights in Roosevelt National Park (Medora)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 December 2017, 06:14

Reply to: Northern Lights in Roosevelt National Park (Medora)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Medora
More Medora Topics