We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelorette Party!

2 posts
Save Topic
Bachelorette Party!

Hello! Planning a bachelorette party and trying to find a convenient place to stay. How far is The beach from downtown Newport? Also, how far is providence from both? Which area would be most convenient in order to have access to the beach as well restaurants, bars, etc. thank you very much!

Mentioned in this post
Newport
Newport
Rhode Island
North Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
517 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelorette Party!

Hi, Krishna -

You have a lot going on here! So let me try to break it down a bit (I got married in Newport, and I've also hosted a couple of bachelorette parties there).

Downtown Newport doesn't have a beach, per se. You have tons of waterfront with shops and bars so you won't run out of things to do.

The closest beach is probably Easton's Beach (someone can correct me if I'm wrong here). The distance obviously depends on where you're staying downtown. Without knowing more specifically where you'll be, I'll use the Red Parrot Restaurant as a landmark. From there, Easton's beach is a little over a mile, so a 20 minute walk, maybe an 8 minute bike ride. I would not plan on trying to park, especially if you're going on a weekend in June, July, and August.

If you want to drive a bit, Gooseberry Beach is great. Clean, quiet, lovely. If you're looking for a busier vibe, Second Beach is probably the way to go. You'd still need to drive, but a lot more people, surfers, and what not.

As far as Providence goes, and again this depends on where in Newport you are (driving down Americas Cup Ave/Thames Street on a summer Saturday afternoon can take half an hour), it's about a 40/45 minute drive. BUT, you don't really have easy access to a major highway from Newport so those back roads can take time. I would personally not plan on driving to go between the two towns unless it was for a full day (I would definitely not plan on going into Providence for the night if I were staying in Newport). It would be way too much of a hassle.

My overall advice, stay in Newport if you want beaches, bars, and food. There is so much to do in the summer time. You won't have the club-vibe like you would in Providence, but you won't miss anything else. If you want any recommendations let me know.

Mentioned in this post
Newport
Newport
Rhode Island
Easton's Beach
Easton's Beach
270 Reviews
Newport, RI
Red Parrot Restaurant
Red Parrot Restaurant
2,123 Reviews
Newport, RI
Gooseberry Beach
Gooseberry Beach
106 Reviews
Newport, RI
Providence
Providence
Rhode Island
America's Cup Inn
America's Cup Inn
227 Reviews
Newport, RI
Thames Street
Thames Street
662 Reviews
Newport, RI
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelorette Party!

Thank you so much! This was very helpful. Nothing is finalized yet so I'm still doing all of my research but could you please recommend night clubs in Providence? Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Providence
Providence
Rhode Island
North Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
517 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelorette Party!

You're welcome!

Hm, Dusk is arguably the most popular club in Providence right now (and it gets good reviews so you know it's not going to be totally sleazy). Tantric used to be popular awhile back and I imagine it's still a good time. Alchemy is another one to look into. I have not been to these next two so I can't vouch for them personally but I've heard decent things: Forbidden City and The Village.

If you're look for a more laidback vibe, Whiskey Republic and Point Street Dueling Pianos are good options.

Mentioned in this post
Providence
Providence
Rhode Island
Point Street Dueling Pianos
Point Street Dueling...
36 Reviews
Providence, RI
4. Re: Bachelorette Party!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2018, 12:18
;