We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castle Hill Lawn - Reservations Needed?

Ireland
Level Contributor
44 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Castle Hill Lawn - Reservations Needed?

I was planning on stopping for lunch at Castle Hill Lawn after doing Ocean Drive. I was thinking about playing it by ear rather than lock in a reservation. Would this be possible on a Friday afternoon? Going next week and wasn't sure if reservations are a must for a Friday lunch.

Mentioned in this post
Castle Hill Inn
Castle Hill Inn
777 Reviews
Newport, RI
Ocean Drive
Ocean Drive
2,532 Reviews
Newport, RI
Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castle Hill Lawn - Reservations Needed?

The weather has been cold, wet and dreary. I would contact Castle Hill directly to see if they are open this week! You can still have a great lunch inside!

Mentioned in this post
Castle Hill Inn
Castle Hill Inn
777 Reviews
Newport, RI
Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castle Hill Lawn - Reservations Needed?

I see that Castle Hill can be booked for lunch on opentable.com. I would book a reservation since they do get a lot of wedding business at this time of year.

Our weather has not been good and the projected warm temp for this Friday is 61 and cloudy.

Personally, i would sit inside but the pictures on line do show that part of the lawn has a covering over it.

Mentioned in this post
Castle Hill Inn
Castle Hill Inn
777 Reviews
Newport, RI
3. Re: Castle Hill Lawn - Reservations Needed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2018, 13:18