We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So Confused!

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Topic
So Confused!

Ok, I've been reading post after post and searching posts for days now trying to figure out where to stay. DH and I are coming for the return of our Marine from Afghanistan. We have booked airfare for June 10-17. We're not beach people so we don't have to be right on the beach. I would like a moderate room with a kitchenette or atleast a fridge and microwave. Please help clear my head! I've read so much now I've VERY confused...

We don't mind walking a few blocks to go eat, or the beach, or catch the bus...but will rent a car for a couple of days to tour the island.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,148 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So Confused!

So accomodations for 2 people only?? Is your son joining you = 3 persons? What is your nightly accomodations budget? Gotta know this to help you ...

Edited: 18 March 2010, 01:43
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: So Confused!

It'll be just me and my DH, I think! I never thought about having son stay with us when he returns. I'll have to ask...but let's say 3 ppl (but 2 most likely) and the budget of $140 or less! I know there are numerous places blocks from the beach well within my budget.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
21,236 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: So Confused!

You may qualify to stay at Hale Koa with your son. I don't know if you can make the arrangements yourself or if he has to do it to be eligible.Check with the Marines. If you CAN stay there, I'd do it!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,426 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So Confused!

I would definitely look into Hale Koa and I would also for sure do the Hale Koa Luau.

Even if you don't stay at Hale Koa, your son should.

http://www.halekoa.com/index.cfm

Close to the Hale Koa are the Wyndham Waikiki, Oturigger Luana and the Outrigger Waikiki Shore.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,148 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So Confused!

Hale Koa ... great choice. And here is my favorite accomodations map.

www.discounthotelshawaii.com/waikikimap.html

Edited: 18 March 2010, 03:54
Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So Confused!

shekim .... please PM me and I will do a honor for your son. Await your PM.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: So Confused!

islekane, I have sent you a PM. Thanks

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: So Confused!

We just received word from the FRO that we can stay at the Hale Koa. So...tell me about this fantastic looking place!

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,880 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: So Confused!

We stay there every year-have been going for 10 years. It is next to the HHV and on the uncrowded end of Waikiki. Wonderful beach!

go to:

www.HaleKoa.com

And feel free to ask anything, as I'll be more than happy to answer any questions! We are starting to look forward to our three week trip at Christmas. Of course, already have our reservations!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,148 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: So Confused!

Great location. Tons to do and see. Restaurants galore ... great shopping ... all the fun of Waikiki is very handy.