We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

free perfomances in Waikiki?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
442 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
free perfomances in Waikiki?

Is there free hula and music every weekend on Waikiki Beach for visitors? When I last visited, 2 weekends in a row there were free performances which were just delightful. Is this still happening? Also, when do they show free movies on beach? Thank you.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: free perfomances in Waikiki?

Actually I think they have a free performance every night at the Kuhio Beach Park mound very near the Duke K statue across from the Hyatt.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
442 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: free perfomances in Waikiki?

What time are the perfomances? Thank you.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: free perfomances in Waikiki?

Ok update on that info looks like the city made cutbacks last year and it is only tues,thurs,sat and sun now and usually starts around sunset 6-630pm depending on time of year.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: free perfomances in Waikiki?

I agree don't think it is every night. If you have questions on schedule ask the guys on the street with the electric yellow vests. They are the waikiki ambassadrors, they are not time share salesmen, they are paid by a hotel property tax to assist visitors.

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: free perfomances in Waikiki?

International Marketplace has free entertainment, too. Here's a link to their calendar:

internationalmarketplacewaikiki.com/events/

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,924 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: free perfomances in Waikiki?

Movies on the Beach only happen occasionally. No the hula is not every night (sorry not sure the schedule). Yes IMP has a stage with some fun free entertainment (I saw a steeldrum duo on a Tuesday evening). The Royal Hawaiian band (orchestra) plays for free twice a week, once at Iolani Palace and once on the lawn by Waikiki Shell.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: free perfomances in Waikiki?

You might try looking at www.midweek.com. I would but it's blocked here at work. They always have good stuff in there.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,127 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: free perfomances in Waikiki?

www.honolulu.gov/moca/april2010newsletter.pdf

Try this out from the City of Honolulu. Also - check the Honolulu Advertiser and Honolulu Star Bulletin for events.

aoshi0514
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: free perfomances in Waikiki?

Is there a fireworks show every Friday night?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,060 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: free perfomances in Waikiki?

The Hilton Hawaiian Village has a fire works show on Friday nights.