We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we do this in a day?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Can we do this in a day?

Hello, we would like to drive east out of Waikiki to see the Makapu'u Tide Pools and maybe the lighthouse, go on up to Kailua and 1/2 day kayak rentals at th beach there, then drive up and around the coast to Hale'Iwa, then back to Waikiki. Is this too much to do in one day? How big are the waves in mid-March on the North Shore? Are we likely to see any whales on this itinerary? Alternative suggestions?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,931 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we do this in a day?

It will be hectic but I think it's doable. You could see whales from Makapuu. The blowhole would probably be better. Waves in march will fluctuate. One day big, one day flat, and on and on!!

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can we do this in a day?

Yes, that's too much to do in one day. Is it doable? Of course, but you won't be able to savor the joy of it all!

Ask yourself why you are coming to Oahu.

My recommendation is to do the Kailua trip one day and the North Shore trip another day.

Aloha~~~~~~~~

Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can we do this in a day?

Thanks very much for your replies. We will consider taking 2 days to do these things.

honolulu
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can we do this in a day?

I agree I would make kailua beach a different outing...enjoy!

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,173 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can we do this in a day?

Oahu is not that big of an island, so there's certainly enough time to drive around it in a day, but you want to allow time to see and enjoy the various places you're visiting. (agreeing with the idea to split the activities into two different day trips) suze

6. Re: Can we do this in a day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 01:17