We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible location of Shoney's Diner

Kibbutz Bror Hayil...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Possible location of Shoney's Diner

Subject: Shoney's

Title: Rembering wrong, perhaps?

ID#: 149053466

In 2004 I made the first ever of my - (so far) - three, long-dreamed-of trips to the U.S. and we drove overland - as I always try to do - from San Francisco to LA then on to Atlanta via I-10 / I-20 (www.americanodyssey.bravehost.com/odyssey.htm).

I kept day-by-day journals of these trips writing them up each morning, later using the notes to prepare the website logs.

I was absolutely certain that when we reached Shreveport we found an excellent Shoney's Diner where we enjoyed a wonderful meal with pleasant service. I jotted it down in my notes the following morning and expanded on it later when writing up the log.

Today, (January 7th 2013), out of pure curiosity, I tried searching for this Shoney's on Google earth and Shreveport's web site which lists over 250 restaurants but no Shoney's!

However our next stop that day was Vicksburg and we stayed at La Quinta, just across the river.

Vicksburg DOES boast a Shoney's and using Google Earth's "street view" camera, I must admit that the setting of this Shoney's really does look like the one I remember. Is it possible that I really got confused over this and that the Shone'ys I remember was, in fact, at Vicksburg and NOT Shreveport.

Can any local residents or other knowledgeable person put me right on this?

Great travels guys!

Selwyn@brorhail.org.il

Mentioned in this post
Shreveport
Shreveport
Louisiana
Vicksburg
Vicksburg
Mississippi
United States
United States
North America
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible location of Shoney's Diner

Shoney's is a chain; many locations have closed in the last few years and more have closed recently.

Kibbutz Bror Hayil...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible location of Shoney's Diner

hi, thanks for your reply and willingness to help - afraid it doesn't advance my request very much tho' 'cause I was trying to discover the address of a specific

Shoney's that I believe is located in Shreveport. But I DO thank you for trying.....

Selwyn@brorhail.org.il

Mentioned in this post
Shreveport
Shreveport
Louisiana
Anguilla...
Level Contributor
360 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible location of Shoney's Diner

As biscuitcreek stated, the Shoney's chain isn't doing very well any many of their locations have closed.

There apparently was one in Shreveport and one in Bossier City (which borders Shreveport and it's hard to tell where one starts and the other ends). Both are closed.

It is south of I-20 , off of the main interstate. The Shreveport location is now a Chinese restauraunt:

merchantcircle.com/business/…

Bossier City location is closed also, for a while there was a restaurant called "Mobe's" but it is also closed. Not sure if anything else is there. It's right off of I-20.

…yahoo.com/info-18276866-shoney-s-bossier-ci…

I hope that is helpful.

Mentioned in this post
Shreveport
Shreveport
Louisiana
Bossier City
Bossier City
Louisiana
Kibbutz Bror Hayil...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible location of Shoney's Diner

thanks a lot - it looks like you've "found" the one I was looking for! Pity it has closed. we really enjoyed our meal there on my first cross-country trip across the states.

by the way congratulations on Obama's inauguration!

Selwyn@brorhail.org.il

5. Re: Possible location of Shoney's Diner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2014, 11:15
Get answers to your questions about Vicksburg