We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easiest way to go to ball game

tennessee
Level Contributor
17 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Easiest way to go to ball game

Coming up on Saturday evening June 9,2018. I need to found the easiest place to stay within walking distance or shuttle to ball game on Sunday June 10,2018. Will be staying Saturday night and Sunday night.. I have looked and studied map but very confused. Thanks in Advance

7 replies to this topic
Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
802 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easiest way to go to ball game

The AC Hotel at the Banks is the closest hotel to the ballpark, but any downtown hotel would be what I would consider walking distance. There’s also a streetcar now that loops around downtown and OTR and stops near GABP. It’s $1 for a 2 hour period or you can buy a day pass for $2.

If you stay on the Kentucky side you can walk across one of the bridges or take the Southbank Shuttle bus, which is $1 per ride.

Mentioned in this post
Kentucky
Kentucky
United States
cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easiest way to go to ball game

CS is right. Downtown is very compact for a large city with an MLS soccer team and the ball park is an easy 15 minutes from anywhere downtown so any downtown hotel would work, about the same distance as walking across the bridges from N.Ky.

The caveat is that these hotels are not cheap and they charge for parking. You can avoid parking charges by using one of the city garages within a block or two of the hotels after dropping your bags. Fountain Square garage is underground which puts your car out of the weather and under TV/video surveillance. Plenty of places to eat of every variety in the area.

For cheaper digs, look on I-275 which you'll hit coming north in N.Ky., particularly the Florence area. From there it's 20 minutes into downtown, no parking charges at the hotel, and cheaper room rates. Park uptown and ride the streetcar to GABP. Arrive early so you can tour the Reds museum.

Safe trip, hear.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 21:35
Mentioned in this post
Fountain Square
Fountain Square
1,143 Reviews
Cincinnati, OH
tennessee
Level Contributor
17 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easiest way to go to ball game

What about the Aloft hotel on Kentucky side? Is it in street car right? Is it easy to find Hotel?

Mentioned in this post
Kentucky
Kentucky
United States
tennessee
Level Contributor
17 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easiest way to go to ball game

3 of 3 ·

What about the Aloft hotel on Kentucky side? Is it in street car right? Is it easy to find Hotel?

Mentioned in this post
Kentucky
Kentucky
United States
tennessee
Level Contributor
17 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easiest way to go to ball game

Or on Covington side be better

Mentioned in this post
Covington
Covington
Kentucky
cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easiest way to go to ball game

That's the new one which is part of the Newport on the Levee complex. Other than being new, I'm unfamiliar with them. Easy to find across from the Hofbrauhaus. City parking lot two blocks away saves you paying the big bucks for valet parking. There are 2 bridges right there to walk over to the GABP - Purple People Bridge and the one next to the Aquarium on the west side of the building - 20 minute walk(check it out on Google Earth).

Edited: 08 June 2018, 04:28
Mentioned in this post
Newport on the Levee
Newport on the Levee
414 Reviews
Newport, KY
tennessee
Level Contributor
17 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easiest way to go to ball game

Well I decided to stay at Embassy Suite in Covington. I hope I made a good one. Thanks for everyone comments. 👍

Mentioned in this post
Covington
Covington
Kentucky
Reply to: Easiest way to go to ball game
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cincinnati