We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days and 2 nights in Yellowstone

Ontario, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 days and 2 nights in Yellowstone

HELP!!! I am travelling from Regina Saskatchewan to see Yellowstone National Park. I will have 2 nights to stay over (July 23 and 24) but need to start my drive back late in the day on July 25. Any suggetions on where to stay, what to see, any tour companies, should we stay at the same place 2 nights or more, etc? Any help would be apprecated as I've spent countless hours on the intranet without success :(

Mentioned in this post
Regina
Regina
Saskatchewan, Canada
4 replies to this topic
Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
10,796 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days and 2 nights in Yellowstone

Where will you be on the 22nd for the night?

Ontario, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days and 2 nights in Yellowstone

We will be in Regina on July 22 but will be leaving late in the evening may be taking turns driving through the night.

Mentioned in this post
Regina
Regina
Saskatchewan, Canada
Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
10,796 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days and 2 nights in Yellowstone

Not a fan of that idea. Driving in the dark in the west on two-lane roads is discouraged due to wildlife. Arriving in YNP tired is not safe either- you need to be alert for wildlife and other tourists on the park roads. The same applies after spending the day in YNP on the 25, not a good idea to start for home late and again drive in the dark.

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days and 2 nights in Yellowstone

Is there any way you could add more days to your trip? As I see it, with your current plan you'll just have 1 1/2 days to see the park, and no time for Grand Teton park, directly south of YNP. It seems like an awful lot of driving for such a rushed visit.

Definitely agree that overnight driving is a bad idea.

Reply to: 3 days and 2 nights in Yellowstone
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted