We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Faithful Lodge Cabin vs Old House Room

Virginia
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
Old Faithful Lodge Cabin vs Old House Room

We will be staying 2 nts in either an OF Lodge Cabin (no bath) or an Old House Room (shared bath). The Old House room totals about $140 more for the two nights.

Which would you choose and why?

2 replies to this topic
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
18,764 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Faithful Lodge Cabin vs Old House Room

I loved staying in an Old House room. Loved being in the inn. We were on the 2nd floor and just steps away from the 2nd floor lobby area. I like sitting out there, listening to the noises below. I could actually hear the gorgeous music before dinner while in my room but no noise from other hotel guests or visitors. There was never anyone in the shared bath when I was in there. The bathrooms are just gorgeous with original - or what looks like original tile. Lots of people love the cabins. I loved staying in an Old House room.

LOVED the decor of the room. Especially liked the copper topped counters at the sinks. With robes hanging on the back of the doors, it felt almost luxurious.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 03:33
Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
10,867 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Faithful Lodge Cabin vs Old House Room

We have stayed in and like both. We always go for less expensive when we can, so we stay in the cabins. We like the less busy area and like parking outside the door of the cabin. We do make a visit to the Inn for the music in the evening when staying in the cabin. Either one, be sure to go outside after dark for a nighttime eruption of OF.

Reply to: Old Faithful Lodge Cabin vs Old House Room
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted