We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tours4fun

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
tours4fun

Just joined tripadvisor.com. Has anyone gone on a tour with the outfit called tours4fun? I am planning to go with them from Las Vegas to Yellowstone/Salt Lake City. I checked out the hotels this tour operator stops at and the posts were discouraging. Also, I had planned to stay overnight at the Tropicana at Las Vegas, since the tour leaves from there the following day, but the reviews were terrible. Can anyone suggest a good hotel with a good show? I am a senior, but by no means an old fogy.

Thanks,

Mallele

Mentioned in this post
Tasmania Australia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: tours4fun

Hi

My name is trudi and I am thinking about doing a tour with tours4fun

How did you go with this company as i have not heard of them before also was thre hotels nice they stayed at and did you get good service on the bus ie tour guide

Thanks for your time

Trudi

Trudih907@hotmail.com.au

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tours4fun

Trudi:

Just returned from my trip with Tours4Fun and hope I am not too late with my comments. First, I sat at the Tropicana Parking lot in Las Vegas for 2-1/2 hrs. waiting for the bus to arrive from Los Angeles. I called the telephone no. provided, but got no answer. If it would not have been for another lady sitting next to me who had been in touch with them, I'd have thought I'd have fallen for an internet scam. Tour Providor was Seagull Travels, an ALL ASIAN GROUP, i.e. I travelled with 50 Chinese, 6 Vietnamese, 2 Indians, and me, the lone Anglo. The tour bus was in good shape, the seats comfortable, although close together. The language spoken was mainly Mandarin, i.e. the tour guide would talk VERY LONG in Mandarin and a few minutes in English. Most of the passengers spoke either no or limited English. The day started at 6 am and usually we were at the hotels at around 9 pm, by that time I was so tired I didn't care what the hotel looked like, as long as I had a bed and bath. The Mariott was very nice, one hotel outside Yellowstone very basic, the rest ok, nothing luxurious. We had one breakfast provided, one available at $1.99, a couple of times we stopped at restaurants with Chinese buffets, otherwise you had to hustle for your own food, however, the guide did give us tips where to go close by. The crowd, incl. 2 small boys, was well behaved while on the bus, but turned loud and unruly once off. I was pushed out of the way of trying to get to my luggage, until I finally got the old elbow out and pushed myself, ditto lining up for the buffets. The cute little boys turned into terrors in restaurants, screaming and running wild. At Yellowstone the boys and adults chased a group of buffalos with ME screaming at them to stop. Some were almost evicted from the Park. Also, I found you better do not get in the way of the cameras! The beauty of the landscape, truly Gods Own Country, was spoiled by the noisy crowd. I got a bad cold with some fever and asked the tour guide to PLEASE stop for just a few minutes at a pharmacy along the way, but he did not. At one town he told me it was just a 30 minute walk to the next pharmacy! At 9 pm!

No, I would NEVER travel with them again.

Mallele

Mentioned in this post
Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Tropicana Las Vegas - A...
12,681 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tours4fun

Trudi:

Just returned from my trip with Tours4Fun and hope I am not too late with my comments. First, I sat at the Tropicana Parking lot in Las Vegas for 2-1/2 hrs. waiting for the bus to arrive from Los Angeles. I called the telephone no. provided, but got no answer. If it would not have been for another lady sitting next to me who had been in touch with them, I'd have thought I'd have fallen for an internet scam. Tour Providor was Seagull Travels, an ALL ASIAN GROUP, i.e. I travelled with 50 Chinese, 6 Vietnamese, 2 Indians, and me, the lone Anglo. The tour bus was in good shape, the seats comfortable, although close together. The language spoken was mainly Mandarin, i.e. the tour guide would talk VERY LONG in Mandarin and a few minutes in English. Most of the passengers spoke either no or limited English. The day started at 6 am and usually we were at the hotels at around 9 pm, by that time I was so tired I didn't care what the hotel looked like, as long as I had a bed and bath. The Mariott was very nice, one hotel outside Yellowstone very basic, the rest ok, nothing luxurious. We had one breakfast provided, one available at $1.99, a couple of times we stopped at restaurants with Chinese buffets, otherwise you had to hustle for your own food, however, the guide did give us tips where to go close by. The crowd, incl. 2 small boys, was well behaved while on the bus, but turned loud and unruly once off. I was pushed out of the way of trying to get to my luggage, until I finally got the old elbow out and pushed myself, ditto lining up for the buffets. The cute little boys turned into terrors in restaurants, screaming and running wild. At Yellowstone the boys and adults chased a group of buffalos with ME screaming at them to stop. Some were almost evicted from the Park. Also, I found you better do not get in the way of the cameras! The beauty of the landscape, truly Gods Own Country, was spoiled by the noisy crowd. I got a bad cold with some fever and asked the tour guide to PLEASE stop for just a few minutes at a pharmacy along the way, but he did not. At one town he told me it was just a 30 minute walk to the next pharmacy! At 9 pm!

No, I would NEVER travel with them again.

Mallele

Mentioned in this post
Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Tropicana Las Vegas - A...
12,681 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: tours4fun

Since a lot of the group were from China, money was limited and we stopped mainly at hole-in-the-wall eating places.

Mallele

Las Vegas
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: tours4fun

Just returned from an East Coast Tours4fun which was just OK.

Hotels were great but the others on the bus were ALL oriental and we could not converse with them. Had TOO much chinese food buffet's.

Many good hotels in Las Vegas - Bellagio, Mandelay Bay, Caesars, Wynn's, Venetian and many more.

Mentioned in this post
Bellagio Las Vegas
Bellagio Las Vegas
15,233 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Caesars Palace
Caesars Palace
14,951 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Perth
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: tours4fun

I did a tour of Mt Rushmore/Yellowstone National Park with this outfit Tours4fun earlier this year and like many others I was the only one who wasn't Chinese. I feel totally ripped off by this company. I had no indication when I booked my ticket that this was an all Asian company because English names were given in all email correspondence I had with them. There was no spare seat for the courier which indicates how greedy they were to sell one last place on the bus. The scenery was fantastic, no criticism there at all, and the hotels were reasonable as well. The courier spoke loudly in Chinese nearly all day and towards the end of each day the passengers were incredibly noisy - singing, shouting, laughing. Hardly anyone spoke English so it was rather a lonely experience for me. The whole atmosphere of seeing this part of the historic US was spoiled for me.

Geddia

Mentioned in this post
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
302 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tours4fun

same here we did the 3 day vegas-grand canyon-bryce tour in march . we were never told this was a chinese tour we were the only people there who did not speak chinese. we booked thru a site whose name i can't recall but it was tours4fun tour. We felt very cheated afterwards.

Denver, Colorado
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: tours4fun

I came here because I wanted to say some good things about Tours4Fun. I actually did see some of the posts here before I booked the tour with them. So I called them and asked about the questions. They honestly told me the Skywalk tour I was interested in would be in both English and Chinese and clarified a few details for me. They returned my phone calls promptly and answered my questions patiently when I asked some questions before I enjoyed tour. I remember I left a message on the Saturday, the day before I joined the tour. I received the call back right away. The lady clarified my question about how to meet the group. I want to say tours4fun, about their professionalism both Linda in Las Vegas and Joe in Los Angeles made use feel very welcomed, it’s hard to find an honest company today that does what it says it will do are hotels were excellent service was the BEST I've ever received I would recommend tours4fun to anyone! And have done so. And I’m looking forward to using their service's again. Yes, there will several Chinese or Asian people in our team. But it’s ok, they are all very friendly, and it’s very interesting to taste some Chinese food during the journey. Why not relax yourself and try some different things in your travel?

Ron & Lesly Johnson

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,012 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tours4fun

vivianlovestravel, if I am correct, only posts about how wonderful Tours4Fun is. Make one wonder about such posts.

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tours4fun

Just another reason to use your local travel agency. There are some great companies out there: Globus, Trafalgar, Taulk, etc. that are first-class all the way and none of the aforementioned concerns would come up as an issue at all.

Get answers to your questions about Yellowstone National...