We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Route From Fishing Bridge to Mammoth Hot Springs

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Best Route From Fishing Bridge to Mammoth Hot Springs

Looking at the YNP distance and time map it appears as the best route would be FB-Canyon-Norris-MHP with 2:15 hrs, but I have read that delays are expected because of road closure between Norris and Mammoth (we'll be visiting in July). On the other hand, the route FB-Canyon-Roosevelt-MHS is a little bit longer with 2:30 hrs but with no road closure delays. Are the road closure delays that bad? I would really appreciate if someone can suggest the best route. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Norris Campground
Norris Campground
68 Reviews
Yellowstone National Park, WY
1. Re: Best Route From Fishing Bridge to Mammoth Hot Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 July 2016, 14:40
Yellowstone Nat...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Route From Fishing Bridge to Mammoth Hot Springs

Even after you are through the construction zone, traffic continues to be slow because it is all bunched up by the wait. I agree with Ystoner anyway that the route through Roosevelt seems quicker. I like the huge vistas from Dunraven Pass.

ENJOY!

Edited: 11 March 2015, 22:45
Mentioned in this post
Dunraven Lodge
Dunraven Lodge
162 Reviews
Yellowstone National Park, WY
Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Route From Fishing Bridge to Mammoth Hot Springs

I would choose the route based on what you wanted to see along the way, not on which was faster - unless you're trying to make a plane connection or something?

Otherwise, there is no "best" route - they're all good :-)

Edited: 11 March 2015, 22:52
Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Route From Fishing Bridge to Mammoth Hot Springs

Thank you all for your comments.

5. Re: Best Route From Fishing Bridge to Mammoth Hot Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2016, 13:16