We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Reservation Time at OFI

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner Reservation Time at OFI

Hi! We would like to have dinner at Old Faithfull Inn and would appreciate if someone can suggest the last posible time to reserve considering we have to drive back to Fishing Bridge. I know it is not safe to drive after dark. I checked and sunset is at 9:07 and twilight at 9:42 for that day. We usually have dinner at 8 - 9 back home. I think this will be too late at the OFI, but would like to know if a 7-7:30 dinner time will be OK and let us get back to FB before dark? Thanks!

United States
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner Reservation Time at OFI

If this is for the peak summer months of 2015 you may have to take a less than desirable time. I just called to make some Lake Yellowstone dining room reservations and my only choices were 5:00pm or 9:00 because the middle times were all sold out for my week in July. I didn't specifically ask about OF but you may want to call first and see what is still available.

Edited: 26 May 2015, 00:26
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,540 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner Reservation Time at OFI

As noted, a big factor will be WHEN you can get a reservation. They go quickly. It's over an hour's drive back. I would say the 7:00 p.m. is the latest and 6:30 p.m. would be better.

Have fun.

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner Reservation Time at OFI

Thank you very much. On the reservation site they just give you a time slot from 6:15 to 8:00 and not a specific hour. I requested a reservation and they confirmed 7:45 pm. I think at that time we'll finish around 9 and will be dark way before we get to FB. I'll call them and ask them if they can move it to 7 pm. Thank you all very much for your help.

4. Re: Dinner Reservation Time at OFI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2016, 13:16