We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average time for Valley/Glacier

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
56 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Average time for Valley/Glacier

I know everyone is different but trying to figure out approx times. What would you say an average time frame in the valley would be to experience everything? 6 hrs? 8 hrs? Also how long at Glacier Point? Are there other things on way to Glacier Point to stop and see if coming from Valley

3 replies to this topic
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
27,946 posts
5,910 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Average time for Valley/Glacier

To experience Yosemite (Glacier, Valley, Toulumne) it takes 2 to 3 days.

If you have just one day, it will be a full day to experience the park.

You will need to be selective on any nature walks/short hikes you may want to take.

dangerous-business.com/2012/…

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
56 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Average time for Valley/Glacier

We are staying two nights at Rush Creek Lodge. Will have a half day on the Mon we come in, a full day on Tues and a half day (till 4 ish) on Wed. Trying to decide which places to fit in on which day. We are forgoing long hikes due to our time frames.

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
61,883 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Average time for Valley/Glacier

To experience everything in Yosemite Valley? Maybe 3 weeks. Can you have a great experience in just one day? Sure. Did any of the Trip Reports in the Top Questions sound good to you? How about macjack's "5 things to experience in Yosemite National Park"

https://www.tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i19…

Many folks only spend a half day enjoying Glacier Point & a hike from Glacier Point Road. If you arrive early enough, you don't have to take the shuttle from Badger Pass. (Check to see if the shuttle is still running; it might be done for the season by early October.) I like to hike Sentinel Dome in the morning before it's very hot, then drive on to Glacier Point. Some folks just do the Sentinel Dome shortcut. Some park at Sentinel Dome trailhead, hike up Sentinel Dome, and then walk down to Glacier Point; then they take the shuttle back to the car (check to see if it's running!) And some folks do the entire Taft Point - Pohono Trail - Sentinel Dome loop.

Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias is a good option for Big Tree tourism near Rush Creek Lodge.

Tioga Road and its attractions are especially appealing in early October.

More info about each of those is in that "Top Questions" section I recommended in your other thread. Full TA website .... not the app!

Reply to: Average time for Valley/Glacier
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yosemite National Park