We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Updated dining information June 21, 2021

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
90,611 posts
188 reviews
160 helpful votes
Updated dining information June 21, 2021
Save

Updated Service for The Ahwahnee Dining Room

Breakfast & Dinner Buffet: The Ahwahnee Dining Room is offering buffet dining for both meals. Health and safety precautions are in place for the touchless buffet dining service.

Lunch: The Ahwahnee Dining Room is featuring a takeout menu for lunch. Guests can enjoy their meals in the Dining Room, but there is no tableside service.

Menu & pricing here: https://www.travelyosemite.com/dining/the-ahwahnee-dining-room/

Advance reservations for the dinner buffet are available for hotel guests of The Ahwahnee.

Yosemite Valley Lodge "Mountain Room" is still closed as is "The Loft at Degnan’s"

The Village Store in Yosemite Village is open 8:00am - 9:00pm. Buy picnic fixin's and eat outside.

More info from TravelYosemite about dining options

https://www.travelyosemite.com/alerts/2020/covid-19-guest-updates

18 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
506 posts
30 reviews
36 helpful votes
1. Re: Updated dining information June 21, 2021
Save

Great news!

When I lunched there a few days ago I was reminded that the buffet dinner still requires formal dress, but had no issues enjoying a sit down lunch in my hiking garb.

This was a great place to cool down during the 100 degree heat!

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
108 reviews
41 helpful votes
2. Re: Updated dining information June 21, 2021
Save

Thank you. This led me to check on the lovely Vintner's Holiday, which I've enjoyed in the past. It's sad that it won't be happening this year, but I'm looking forward to considering 2022.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
28,730 posts
24 reviews
85 helpful votes
3. Re: Updated dining information June 21, 2021
Save

Great to hear the Ahwahnee Bar is open. We always like to get something from there. Will try to stop by when we are there next weekend.

Camp Sherman, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,403 posts
4. Re: Updated dining information June 21, 2021
Save

I wonder want the reasoning is for not having. normal dining service. Is it not having enough vaccinated younger employees? I thinking food service workers have been vaxed for quite awhile. CA is open without capacity limits if the establishment desires that?

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
69,503 posts
8,650 reviews
4,027 helpful votes
5. Re: Updated dining information June 21, 2021
Save

Its sad to see that they have not opened up places like the Mountain Room and have made the dining at Ahwahnee not that nice. It is not the same as it was before and given that we are no longer under covid restrictions, its sad to see.

Thanks for the info - but really?

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
28,730 posts
24 reviews
85 helpful votes
6. Re: Updated dining information June 21, 2021
Save

It could be lack of staff as well. Service industries having hard time hiring people all over

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
108 reviews
41 helpful votes
7. Re: Updated dining information June 21, 2021
Save

We went on a National Parks tour of Utah in May 2021, and it was my understanding that National Parks follow federal guidelines so state rules aren't as relevant to their operations. For example, Utah was declared totally open, but in National Park lodge common areas masks were required. I'm guessing the lack of staffing is also the case.

Metairie, Louisiana
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
8. Re: Updated dining information June 21, 2021
Save

Hey, I’m visiting Yosemite Aug. 28-31st. I’ll be staying at Yosemite Valley Lodge. I understand only guest can reserve at Ahwahnee dining room. Do you have any idea if walk-ins are successful in being seated?

Thanks so much!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
90,611 posts
188 reviews
160 helpful votes
9. Re: Updated dining information June 21, 2021
Save

Hi Deborah

Conditions in late August may be different than now. I suggest asking again when it's closer to the time for your visit.

Level Contributor
648 posts
6 reviews
15 helpful votes
10. Re: Updated dining information June 21, 2021
Save

Is there outdoor options at the Awhwahnee for dinner or breakfast? (such as takeout)

Also, how does the touchless buffet work? Is it servers that fill your plates?

Reply to: Updated dining information June 21, 2021
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.