We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike Rental in Yosemite - Toddler Seats?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Bike Rental in Yosemite - Toddler Seats?
Save

Hi, I have a question about bike rentals in the valley and curry village.

Do they offer the option for bikes fitted with toddler seats— the ones where toddlers sit in their own seat behind the driver/adult on the bike? Or are the trailers the primary option for toddlers too young to pedal themselves?

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
29,083 posts
24 reviews
85 helpful votes
1. Re: Bike Rental in Yosemite - Toddler Seats?
Save

I didn't see any toddler seats. We used the trailer.

Edited: 20 August 2021, 22:26
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
29,083 posts
24 reviews
85 helpful votes
2. Re: Bike Rental in Yosemite - Toddler Seats?
Save

We rented last summer and last month stayed at the building next to bike rental at The Lodge and didn't see any toddler seats. We didn't rent this year because we had a 2 months old.

My daughter normally uses a toddler seat at home and she did fine in the trailer. Even napped in it.

From the website:

>>>Bicycles, tag-along bikes for children, trailers, and helmets are available for all ages and abilities. We also offer a select number of tandem bikes and hand-crank bikes for guests with physical limitations.<<<

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Bike Rental in Yosemite - Toddler Seats?
Save

Thank you!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4. Re: Bike Rental in Yosemite - Toddler Seats?
Save

Only trailers for kids one year and older. We just did a day biking all over the valley and I cannot recommend it enough. Our daughter is one and loved it. My husband had no issues with the trailer. Our son is 8 and had his bike so no rental for him. Honestly one of our best days! I just wrote up some details and our itinerary here - https://milemarkermemories.com/biking-in-yosemite-valley-with-kids/

Reply to: Bike Rental in Yosemite - Toddler Seats?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.