We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sacramento to Yosemite

Concord, New...
13 posts
Sacramento to Yosemite
Save

We will be flying to Sacramento and driving to Yosemite and I would like to find someplace in between to sleep for the night and possibly do some Gold Country sight seeing before we check in to our lodging for our Yosemite stay. Any suggestions on where to sleep and what to see after a long travel day?

5 replies to this topic
Penn Valley...
Level Contributor
142 posts
12 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: Sacramento to Yosemite
Save

When?

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
13,002 posts
75 reviews
79 helpful votes
2. Re: Sacramento to Yosemite
Save

From their other post about Yosemite, they are going at the end of April. So Tioga Pass is not an option.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g61000-i315-k13703918-Tips_to_make_Curry_Village_tents_more_comfortable-Yosemite_National_Park_California.html

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
11,789 posts
3. Re: Sacramento to Yosemite
Save

Murphys / Angels Camp or Columbia / Jamestown / Sonora are good options.

Lots to see and do-

Charming downtowns

Wineries

Mines

Caverns

Calaveras Big Trees

Columbia State Historic Park

Railtown SHP

When do you arrive? You could drive through and visit Amador City / Sutter Creek too, Jackson…

Penn Valley...
Level Contributor
142 posts
12 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Sacramento to Yosemite
Save

Enzian, since the OP was asking what to do between Sac and their lodging in Yosemite I wouldn't think that Tuolumne/Tioga road would have come into play anyway. My question about timing was basically about possible weather/road issues in the winter coming in on 120 through Groveland vs 140 through Mariposa.

If it were me (and it will be next month) I would come into the park via 140 (as we really enjoy the drive along the river, and at the end of April it should be raging) and find a motel in Mariposa to spend the night. Lots of things to see around Mariposa and many good restaurants.

Concord, New...
13 posts
5. Re: Sacramento to Yosemite
Save

I'm sorry, April 24-May2.

Thank you for responses so far!

Reply to: Sacramento to Yosemite
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yosemite National Park
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.