Yosemite is reminding visitors that it is illegal to feed animals in the park.
But additionally it is dangerous to feed park animals. Just a few days ago a visitor was injured.
From the Park's social media:
"Recently, a visitor was injured when she approached a buck being fed by other visitors. The buck spooked and its antlers connected with the girl's arm, causing a deep laceration and chest abrasions. The wound was dressed at the Yosemite Medical Clinic and she left for further care at nearby hospital.
It is illegal to feed or approach wildlife in Yosemite! While some animals, including deer, might get used to people approaching them, they spook easily and will defend themselves if people get too close or startle them.
Please, for the protection of these wild animals and for the safety of all visitors, always keep your distance! This is not how we want anyone’s visit to Yosemite to end."