We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike-to-Hike Guided Group Tours - anybody done this?

Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Bike-to-Hike Guided Group Tours - anybody done this?
Save

Yosemite runs a 2.5 hour Bike to Hike tour for $35/person (not including the bike)

My wife and I were thinking about doing this

I wasn't able to find any reviews and wondering if anybody has any information

5 replies to this topic
Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
24,686 posts
5 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Bike-to-Hike Guided Group Tours - anybody done this?
Save

I have not heard of such a tour.

When you said "Yosemite" runs a 2.5 hour Bike to Hike tour, who is running it? The Yosemite National Park? Or some private companies running it inside Yosemite Valley?

Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
2. Re: Bike-to-Hike Guided Group Tours - anybody done this?
Save

Listed on the Yosemite National Park website - Same one that has the lodging reservations, etc

https://www.travelyosemite.com/things-to-do/hiking/guided-group-hikes/

Bike-to-Hike Guided Group Tours

Whether you choose to rent a bike from us or bring your own, there’s no better way to explore Yosemite Valley’s floor. You’ll start your day with a bike ride past Yosemite’s most famous natural landmarks as you head to the trailhead. Once there, you’ll park your bike and begin your hike. Your guide will teach you about Yosemite’s natural history, geology and ecology along the way. Bicycle rentals are available at Curry Village and Yosemite Valley Lodge Bike Stands. The cost of bike rental is not included in the cost of the Bike-to-Hike program.

May 6 through October 2, 2022

Days of Week Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday

Time 9:00 am, except Thursday at 2:00 pm

Meeting Place Curry Village Bike Stand

Duration 2.5 Hours

Cost $35.00 per person

Max Group Size 8

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
13,767 posts
76 reviews
79 helpful votes
3. Re: Bike-to-Hike Guided Group Tours - anybody done this?
Save

Those guided “bike hikes” and other guided hikes, are offered through the Yosemite Mountaineering School, along with rock climbing lessons and guided climbs. It is not through an outside tour company.

https://www.travelyosemite.com/things-to-do/yosemite-mountaineering-school-guide-service/

Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
4. Re: Bike-to-Hike Guided Group Tours - anybody done this?
Save

Yup, but wondering if anybody has any experience with this? What fitness level/pace does this go at? We are a fit couple so if activity is geared more towards families with young kids, this might not be for us.

Any overall thoughts with experience?

I haven't been able to find any reviews or mentions from anyone that has done this as part of their trip reports

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
13,767 posts
76 reviews
79 helpful votes
5. Re: Bike-to-Hike Guided Group Tours - anybody done this?
Save

I would think that since it is family-oriented, it could be pretty slow.

Why not rent bikes and make your own adventure? Or if it is the guided experience you want, with some explanation of geology, history, etc. along with a good hike, how about their Nevada Falls hike?

Reply to: Bike-to-Hike Guided Group Tours - anybody done this?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.