We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Showers in Yosemite?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
18 helpful votes
Showers in Yosemite?
Save

Camping in Upper Pines in a few weeks. From what I am seeing, there are no showers available in the park except in the Curry Village pool area. Is this true? If so, are the Curry Village showers available for campers to use? Information much appreciated -- we'll be there for four nights and would love to shower at some point! Thanks!

14 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,751 posts
196 reviews
270 helpful votes
1. Re: Showers in Yosemite?
Save

The rules have been in flux… according to https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/campgrounds.htm there is only two places for campers to shower…

I have not confirmed it with boots on the ground whether the showers and the pool go together or whether you can pay less for the showers without the pool. Note that the pool showers are different than the other Curry Village showers.

Pool Swimming

Curry Village and Yosemite Valley Lodge offer swimming pools that all park guests are welcome to use. Visitors not staying at the hotels can pay a small fee to swim (see below) and presumably use the showers.

$5.00 per adult per day

$3.00 per child (12 and under) per day

Edited: 27 May 2022, 22:21
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,751 posts
196 reviews
270 helpful votes
2. Re: Showers in Yosemite?
Save

Just to clarify as I copied and pasted info from https://www.travelyosemite.com/things-to-do/swimming/ to confirm that the Curry Village pool showers are open to everyone. The YVL has a pool too but if I recall, the YVL pool doesn’t have a full shower house like Curry Village.

Hopefully someone can confirm the cost of just using the CV shower house by itself without the pool

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
18 helpful votes
3. Re: Showers in Yosemite?
Save

Thanks so much, ALTippet! Maybe we'll get some additional on-the-ground info, but this is a great start. If nothing else, I can confirm by late June!

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
13,866 posts
76 reviews
80 helpful votes
4. Re: Showers in Yosemite?
Save

The Curry Village pool shower house is the only one campers can use. Mid-day is best to avoid crowds. You go first to the main Curry Village office to pay for the showers. I don’t know that the pool is even open this year.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
13,866 posts
76 reviews
80 helpful votes
5. Re: Showers in Yosemite?
Save

The “current status” page for Travel Yosemite says the Curry Village pool is currently closed, but scheduled to re-open in June “conditions permitting”.

https://www.travelyosemite.com/alerts/guest-updates/

But the shower house should be available even if the pool is not open.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
618 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Showers in Yosemite?
Save

The latest Yosemite Guide “newspaper” says showers are available at Curry Village and the laundry is open at Housekeeping Camp. They don’t specifically say that showers are not available at Housekeeping Camp?

Any way, the way the shower house has worked in the past (at least until Covid times) is that the showers were open really late into the night, maybe 24/7. There is an attendant at the entrance till about 8 or 9 P.M. who will collect $5 and hand you a fresh towel and you go in and use the semi private stalls and there are outlets for shavers, hair dryers, etc.

After the attendant leaves, the showers remain open, you just walk in but you must have your own towel. These later hours are also much less crowded. We avoid the morning and especially late afternoon to dinner time hours.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
18 helpful votes
7. Re: Showers in Yosemite?
Save

This is all so helpful, thank you! I think we'll focus on mid-day. I really appreciate this background info!

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
29,739 posts
24 reviews
85 helpful votes
8. Re: Showers in Yosemite?
Save

We used to camp at Upper Pines each summer but harder with 2 kids now but didn't do this year because couldn't get the dates we wanted with our extended family.

Anyway even with the showers available preCovid, we don't go that often. We prefer to go swimming in the river in the afternoon to cool off. Consider that as well. It's really refreshing. Many spots by the campgrounds and elsewhere.

Edited: 28 May 2022, 05:13
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
18 helpful votes
9. Re: Showers in Yosemite?
Save

That's a great tip! The river will definitely do for our kids. Thank you for this idea!

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
29,739 posts
24 reviews
85 helpful votes
10. Re: Showers in Yosemite?
Save

this is our favorite spot:

https://goo.gl/maps/38TJRj83jodMsMU97

across from Curry Village. Come in late PM when the sun warms up the water. But before it gets shady. Usually 2-4p is good. In the middle of the river you can get a great photo oh Half Dome in the background. Not sure how old are the kids but still be careful of the water as if early season conditions can be swift. Safe if just splashing from the shores. If you are bringing inner tubes or other float things, the current can bring them downstream fast.

This is closer to Upper Pines - right outside the entrance

https://goo.gl/maps/ckYZjvThm76ULHb7A

Reply to: Showers in Yosemite?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.