We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning coffee available at Ahwahnee?

Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Early morning coffee available at Ahwahnee?
Save

Want to start hiking before 7am but NEED my coffee - Looks like restaurant doesn't open until 8am on Sundays

6 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,751 posts
196 reviews
270 helpful votes
1. Re: Early morning coffee available at Ahwahnee?
Save

Are you a guest? When we stayed, there was early self service coffee available in one of the lounges. I assume this service is still there. So you don’t have to go into the restaurant for a simple cup of coffee.

Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
2. Re: Early morning coffee available at Ahwahnee?
Save

@ALTippet THANK YOU! Yes I will be staying there. How long ago did you stay there? I think they got rid of afternoon tea and other stuff (new normal COVID restrictions), hopefully they didn't get rid of early coffee.

Do you know if they have coffee makers/coffee in the rooms? Some reviews say they don't but it is listed as a room amenity on their website.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
95,288 posts
216 reviews
175 helpful votes
3. Re: Early morning coffee available at Ahwahnee?
Save

Ahwahnee Hotel Front Desk

(209) 372-1407

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
13,866 posts
76 reviews
80 helpful votes
4. Re: Early morning coffee available at Ahwahnee?
Save

Maybe those reviews are old. The official,website definitely lists coffee makers as an in-room amenity, so I would expect that to be correct.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,751 posts
196 reviews
270 helpful votes
5. Re: Early morning coffee available at Ahwahnee?
Save

Afternoon tea is still cancelled but coffee bar opens at 6:30 am so that would be an option.

When I was at the Ahwahnee last summer, they had self service free ice water on the grounds available. That was very popular and waiters had to refill the huge containers every hour.

Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
6. Re: Early morning coffee available at Ahwahnee?
Save

I confirmed with Hotel front desk as PacificNWFamily suggested

As ALTippet mentioned, they have free drip coffee and coffee drinks for purchase starting at 6:30 am

Reply to: Early morning coffee available at Ahwahnee?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.