We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants in Springdale, particularly breakfast

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
42 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants in Springdale, particularly breakfast

Any suggestions for breakfasts or dinners would be appreciated. We plan to pack picnic lunches, want a hearty breakfast first.

Deep Creek Coffee Co.
$, American, Cafe, Healthy
Cafe Soleil
$$ - $$$, American, Healthy
MeMe's Cafe
$$ - $$$, American, Cafe, Grill
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
18,901 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants in Springdale, particularly breakfast

I like Oscars for breakfast,dinner also.

I'm usually in a hurry in the morning to get into the park.Usually just stop at Sol Foods next to the park entrance for a breakfast crosant and have them make a sandwich for the trail at the same time.Fast and easy.I ate at Wildcat Willies last time for a breakfast buffet,and it was terrible.

For dinner,try Whiptale Grill.Its in an old gas station,of all things.

Zion Pizza and Noodle is good,as is Spotted Dog.

Have not eaten there yet,but Parallel 88 is supposed to be good.Its more on the high end of places in town.

Mentioned in this post
Oscar's Cafe
Oscar's Cafe
4,228 Reviews
Springdale, UT
Sol Foods
Sol Foods
690 Reviews
Springdale, UT
MA
Level Contributor
120 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants in Springdale, particularly breakfast

X2 for Oscars. Cant comment on breakfast, but they have fantastic burgers for dinner

Mentioned in this post
Oscar's Cafe
Oscar's Cafe
4,228 Reviews
Springdale, UT
Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants in Springdale, particularly breakfast

Pioneer Restaurant is supposed to have a good and hearty breakfast. Can't say from experience as I never had breakfast there, had dinner twice.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants in Springdale, particularly breakfast

Oscars is great for breakfast - friendly and attentive staff who will also give you good advice about the park, We had a very pleasant hour or so there tucked in offf the main road (which is hardly busy though!)

Mentioned in this post
Oscar's Cafe
Oscar's Cafe
4,228 Reviews
Springdale, UT
Nashville
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants in Springdale, particularly breakfast

We were there in May. We ate supper at the Pioneer Restauraunt and found it to be good. We had breakfast at Wildcat Willie's. The portions were huge. I had the bumbleberry pancakes and was not really hungry until we got to Phoenix that night-and that was after several hours of hiking in Zion and then the 7 hour drive. Springdale is a neat little town. We parked our car when we checked into the Zion Park Motel and didn't get back in until we checked out. Food was within walking distance and the shuttle made it easy to get in and out of the Park.

Enjoy your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
Zion Park Motel
Zion Park Motel
421 Reviews
Springdale, UT
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
42 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants in Springdale, particularly breakfast

Thanks for everyone's advice. Tomorrow is our last morning here. We had amazing breakfasts at Oscar. Blueberry pancakes and huevos rancheros - both wonderful. We actually had a terrific dinner there one night - their house specialty of mahi mahi tacos is a huge healthy delicious entree..

We had another breakfast at Cafe Soleil - just open for breakfast and lunch - another real winner. I had the frittata - fantastic and my husband felt the same way about his breakfast burrito.

Our best dinner besides Oscars was at The Spotted Dog - huge portions and excellent quality. The smoked trout appetizer was particularly wonderful. Usually smoked trout is a pate, and this was not - just pure smoked filet of trout.

I always get great advice from Trip Advisor. Thanks to all who take the time to make our trip even better.

Mentioned in this post
Oscar's Cafe
Oscar's Cafe
4,228 Reviews
Springdale, UT
Cafe Soleil
Cafe Soleil
1,793 Reviews
Springdale, UT
Spotted Dog Cafe
Spotted Dog Cafe
2,615 Reviews
Springdale, UT
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
18,901 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants in Springdale, particularly breakfast

Sounds like you are eating well! Those fish tacos are good.Hope the weather was nice enough to be able to sit on the patio at Oscars and enjoy the view while you eat.

Mentioned in this post
Oscar's Cafe
Oscar's Cafe
4,228 Reviews
Springdale, UT
8. Re: restaurants in Springdale, particularly breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2010, 12:17