We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vang Vieng Tubing Question.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
328 posts
42 reviews
Vang Vieng Tubing Question.

Hello,

I wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts if an older person can go tubing. Like a healthy traveller , but 75 yo. Is the ride rough, or easy ? I have not gone yet to know.

Thank you.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,824 posts
156 reviews
1. Re: Vang Vieng Tubing Question.

If you have not read this then I would it may answer some of your questions: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g612…

Edited: 03 January 2017, 23:30
London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
2. Re: Vang Vieng Tubing Question.

I dont think the river is too rough at this time of year. My bigger concern would be all the jagged submerged rocks you are likely to bump into on the way down. Maybe safer in a kayak?

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
328 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: Vang Vieng Tubing Question.

Thank you

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
328 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Vang Vieng Tubing Question.

Thank you

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
394 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Vang Vieng Tubing Question.

They offer tubing or kayaks. The river is pretty tame, no huge rapids or such. I don't see a problem in whatever you decide

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
328 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: Vang Vieng Tubing Question.

Thanks for all the information. I thought I would post what I experienced. The river was calm, too calm really. Not many tubers, the ones there had to paddle themselves downstream. So the kayak is the best choice at this low water season. Thank you.

7. Re: Vang Vieng Tubing Question.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2018, 13:16