We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach to chill out for a day

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach to chill out for a day

I am a frequent visitor to Jamaica, most recently in the Negril area. But I am not familiar with the Falmouth area.

In January we will be on a cruise (actually a music festival at sea) making a stop in Falmouth. On this day we will be looking for a quiet and somewhat restful day on a beach. The beach I have in mind will have 1 or 2 places where we can purchase food and drink and have modest bathroom facilities. There will also be shade available for my fair skinned wife. Any suggestions?

Ideally this beach will be in walking distance, but I doubt that is possible. I'll call walking distance up to 1 mile from the pier. If not walkable, a short cab ride is ok. But I don't want to send a lot of time riding in a car. I'd rather spend the little time we have relaxing on the beach.

In looking at the map I see Time & Place is shown near the Falmouth cruise port. I remember hearing that this place had closed or moved. It Time & Place still open? Is this a reasonable alternative for a low key, chill out afternoon?

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Falmouth
Falmouth
Jamaica
London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach to chill out for a day

Good question Mike!

Loved our time staying at Time and Place, wonderful beach to chill at.

Last I heard Tony had relocated.

Anyone who's been to Mangos lately might know it's right next door

I hope you get good news, it was lovely:))

He had a nice little bar and we did meet a few that came for an afternoon at the beach

If not maybe worth a call to Mangos, looks good and you may decide to book at Mangos and do a review for them:))

Mentioned in this post
Mangos Jamaica
Mangos Jamaica
282 Reviews
Jamaica
London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach to chill out for a day

For a future return;)

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
9,426 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach to chill out for a day

Time and Place relocated abd no longer on a beach. I haven't been to thus new spot but it's not far for a visit.

Burwood beach is close to the port abd beautiful!

I love Far Out Fish Hut which I always thought was in Falmouth but actually borders a b d is in Mobay.

PEACE!

Mentioned in this post
Burwood Beach
Burwood Beach
47 Reviews
Jamaica
Far Out Fish Hut
Far Out Fish Hut
105 Reviews
Jamaica
Falmouth
Falmouth
Jamaica
4. Re: Beach to chill out for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2017, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Falmouth