We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking west from Mangos.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
588 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Walking west from Mangos.

Hi there! Pls bear with me. If you have any info to share, I would to hear!

We love beach walking. I've read that if we go right we hit the royalton white sands which has some vendors and Leon's lobster shack.

What about going west? I read that Time n Place has shut down. Has anything replaced it? How far can we go that way and is it safe? On google it looks like we can get all the way to the point of glistening waters bay.

Thanks again for putting up with me!

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking west from Mangos.

You can in fact walk all the way to the point. Time and place is gone and the beach is now used by the cruise ships for the clients. But no one will stop you or bother you. Once you cross that area the beach is un used for about a 20 minute walk till you come to another beach bar that I never saw being used. Then another 20 minutes will take you to the point which is under construction for another resort. Water shoes are a must and use common sense don't go alone. So desserted you probably won't see anyone but safety first.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
588 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking west from Mangos.

Thanks. That's great info. On google it looks like going east, you can walk all the way to Burwood public beach. Anyone been? Is it a good and safe beach to walk to? Any vendors? Anything to recommend?

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking west from Mangos.

We walked east till we got to the end of the Royalton property. There is a security guard there and a partial fence. We didn't go any farther as the vendors were lined up there waiting. I'm sure it is safe but we didn't feel like dealing with them. Also, all we had to do was mention Leon the lobster guy at the fence and he was walking beside us before we got back to our hotel.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking west from Mangos.

We walked as far west as Red Stripe Beach. It looked like you could keep going but not sure exactly where the beach took you.

Mentioned in this post
Red Stripe Beach
Red Stripe Beach
150 Reviews
Jamaica
london,ontario
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking west from Mangos.

We walked both ways. To the East as far as you could to Burwood Beach and to the west past Red Stripe beach around a few points and then could see the cruise ships ! The vendors were not bothersome to us,just be polite say no thanks and keep walking. The "shanties" past the Royalton are little "shops" if your interested otherwise keep walking . Again just be friendly and polite always works for me.Also I felt totally safe.

Mentioned in this post
Burwood Beach
Burwood Beach
46 Reviews
Jamaica
6. Re: Walking west from Mangos.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2018, 13:16