We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Mangos

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
517 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Question about Mangos

Hey all. I posted this question in another forum but I'm thinking it would be better answered here

Just wondering about the overall atmosphere at this resort...we've been to many ai's in different countries including JA. I'm done with the whole big chain resort but my husband is concerned he will be bored here. The last resort we stayed at in Mexico was so laid back they wouldn't play music around the pool & when we tried some activities with the staff it was frowned upon by some other guests because we were disturbing the quiet. We are by no means looking for a party but we do like to socialize with and meet new people. We enjoy interacting with the staff on holiday. Along with he option of having romantic alone time. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
London, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Mangos

There is music, lots of interaction with staff, great to meet people, but shuts down at 11. I think if you reead the reviews you will see it is very much enjoyed but those who go.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
517 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Mangos

Yea it seems everyone enjoys it. Don't mind it shutting down at 11, would rather be up to enjoy the sun anyway.

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
751 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Mangos

We are heading there in February. This is our 8th trip to Jamaica and first time to a smaller AI as we always do the mega resorts in both Jamaica and Mexico. Granted as the years go by I am more interested in getting up in the morning then partying all night so the 11:00 won't bother me. It is adults only and the reviews are great so we figured lets try it. We stayed at a mega resort in Ocho that was adults only and it was so reserved! Not that we are major partiers but it was ridiculous

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Mexico
Mexico
North America
St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
517 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Mangos

Yea thats ehat I'm afraid of. We are of the same mind frame...not huge party people but like to have some fun. We just returned from Riviera Maya & while we were there someone actually posted on the Facebook page about the ignorant loud drunks playing volleyball in the pool. Was us and the staff and we weren't even drinking lol just having a bit of fun. We do not want that type of experience again. We are considerate of others but we are also allowed to have fun on vacation. 11pm bed time is perfect for me to get back in the sun early in the morning!

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
London, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Mangos

Join Omar for the early morning beachcwalk. :-)

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
751 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Mangos

Shouldn't be a problem anymore :)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
527 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about Mangos

Just got back from Mangos and we loved it! The atmosphere is fantastic. The staff interacts with the guests, Omar and Gary, the entertainment guys involve the guests and make sure everyone is having a good time. It is really friendly, all the guests talk to each other. There was no music played at the pool but there were activities at the pool: volleyball games, dick race, mannequin freeze game etc. People went down the water slide. We loved the intimate feel & Jamaica experience. So much better and friendlier than the big resorts.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Orland Park...
Level Contributor
751 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about Mangos

Should I even ask what a Dick Race is :) Since this is an adults only hotel I plan to bring my Cards Against Humanities game so hopefully when we are there we have a fun group. Brought it with when we stayed in Negril at the Lido and we had a blast! Most fun ever playing it.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
527 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about Mangos

Bahahahahaha MAJOR typo !!! Duck race :)

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
517 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about Mangos

Hahahahahahaha