We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domokuchu Beech Bungalos

New Ulm, Minnesota
Level Contributor
16 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Domokuchu Beech Bungalos

Has anyone heard of this place. It gets great reviews, new and quiet by Paje beech. But I can't find email or actual hotel website. Hoping to go to Zanzibar in October and would like to know more about the hotel.

Finland
Level Contributor
218 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domokuchu Beech Bungalos

Paje is nice.

This is what I found about Domokuchu in the website Spartacus "Small gay-friendly hotel at the beginning of the beautiful stretch of beach on the island. Ten guestrooms (6 double, 2 twin, 1 triple and one quad room)

Québec City, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Domokuchu Beech Bungalos

They seem to have a website but still under cunstruction I beleive:

http://www.domokuchu.com/

Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Domokuchu Beech Bungalos

We booked this place with www.hostelworld.com. We're staying there currently. It's nice but the water is not condussive to swimming. The tide goes out really far during the hot part of the day and the wind is very strong. The beach is pretty to look at. Also Domokuchu is under construction so there is no restaurant. You have to walk about 20 mins for the nearest place or go to the place next door if you feel like getting ripped off. We didn't mind the 20 mins walk since all you have is time at the beach.

Edited: 22 January 2012, 19:49
Addis Ababa...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Domokuchu Beech Bungalos

hi - did the owners tell you when the restaurant will be finished? We are planning a trip for Feb 19-26 and were thinking of booking at Domokuchu.

thx.

Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Domokuchu Beech Bungalos

Shebi, the owner, said he's hoping it'll be done for march. But, there doesn't seem to be much activity or construction happening so I'm not hopeful it'll be done march. It's a nice place so it may be worth the walk. You can rent bicycles to doped up your commute.

Berlin, Berlin...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Domokuchu Beech Bungalos

https:/…312132452158050

This is their facebook page

Edited: 03 March 2012, 06:22
New Ulm, Minnesota
Level Contributor
16 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Domokuchu Beech Bungalos

Thank you very much!

New Ulm, Minnesota
Level Contributor
16 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Domokuchu Beech Bungalos

Question: Does the resort have A/C? How are the beds? Very firm? Soft? How did you get out to Domokuchu? I assume you came from Stone Town? Did you take any snorkeling trips? ....so many questions, sorry. Your help is really appreciated! Thank you.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Domokuchu Beech Bungalos

I have been there at the end of January and all I can say is that it's an amazing place with friendly staff. Bungalows are very nice and clean, sea is just few steps away. Owner is really friendly and helpful and this was also one of the reasons why we enjoyed our vacation so much. We were kiting and the area around bungalows is perfect. I recommend it to everyone.

Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Domokuchu Beech Bungalos

If going in November, will it be too hot without a/c? Anyone stayed at the standard bungalows? How's the view? Is there a safety box inside the room?

Get answers to your questions about Paje
Recent Conversations