We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Nights in August...Help please.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
10 Nights in August...Help please.

Right folks, now is the time for me to plan our 10 night break in Pissouri, as it is getting close now.

We are a couple that likes eating out, exploring, the beach and will have a hire car. We are staying in the Kapalia villas, I think at the top of the hill outside the village, so does anyone have any advice for us please?

Questions I would like answering are along the lines of:

Best places to eat nearby? I remember reading about a local night in the village where you have to book in advance?

Can we walk from our villa to the village or is it best to taxi? We don't mind a good walk.

Any other beaches a short drive away that may be peaceful in August?

Best supermarket to get supplies in by car

A drive up the mountains would be nice we think, so worth it and how far roughly?

Any bike rental places nearby?

Anything else you may think is useful, please pass it to us so we can check out all our options.. Thank you very much!

Mentioned in this post
Pissouri
Pissouri
Limassol District, Cyprus
8 replies to this topic
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 Nights in August...Help please.

Oops, Just seen this on another answer from Latimer, so thats the supermarket sorted:

Papantoniou is the largest supermarket and it is on the outskirts of the village - I don't think they do deliveries but you could contact them to ask.

http://www.papantoniou.com.cy/

On the main street in the bay there are two supermarkets and one smaller one. One of them always has a display of fresh fruit and veg outside

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 Nights in August...Help please.

And we've seen the below from Latimer in March replying to someone else, so any other info apart from what is here would be great thanks..

There are numerous restaurants, bars and cafes in both places but if you don't have a car it makes getting between the two places a bit of a challenge unless you take a taxi at around 12 euros each way.

Our favourites at the bay are

Saffron - fabulous Indian restaurant

Yialos - set back a little from the road and close to the beach for great grills and the best Kalamari

Captains Bay - right on the beach

Kastro - by the car park and the runway down to the beach

There are several bars too and our favourite is Grape and Grain.

In the village then we like

Vraka - their Bazouki night on Wednesday is good value and Platea next door has a Cyprus night on Fridays.

Two Friends

Hideaway

Bunch of Grapes

Sparti Bar is lovely to watch the world go by and for a fabulous view across the hills as the sunsets and lovely drinks then Panoramic lounge at the entrance to the village is hard to beat

Mentioned in this post
Yialos
Yialos
281 Reviews
Peyia, Cyprus
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Kent, England
Level Contributor
897 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 Nights in August...Help please.

For the beach you could try Melanda and Avdimou a short drive from Pissouri. Sea shoes are really handy for all of these beaches , I would not be without mine.

You are well placed to visit the mountains. If you take the road up through Avdimou village heading for Pachna, you can then carry on upwards to Omodos, Platres and Troodos , it would probably take an hour or so to get to the top, depending on how many stops to look at views etc. It is a bit cooler up in the mountains which can be a welcome change in the summer.

Mentioned in this post
Pissouri
Pissouri
Limassol District, Cyprus
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 Nights in August...Help please.

Nice one thanks very much for that. Sounds very useful ta!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
47,537 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 Nights in August...Help please.

I only have my iPhone with me today and it’s a real challenge to reply to a list so I’ll pick up anything that hadnt been answered when I’m back at my desktop later this week

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
47,537 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 Nights in August...Help please.

It's a good walk from Kapsalia to the village square - I'd allow 20 to 25 minutes to get there and longer to get back as it is all mostly uphill. Maybe share the driving or take a taxi if you want a drink, although that will add up quite quickly.

To get to the bay area is a 15 to 20 minute car journey - you couldn't even entertain walking it, especially as this time of year. It is uphill all the way back and would take well over an hour.

I think all of your other questions have been answered. Melanda and Avdimou are our favourite beaches too.

The Caledonia water fall walk, which is just beyond Platres up in the Troodos area is very lovely if you are heading up that way.

We'll be there in August too so you never know we might be sat in the same restaurant one evening.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 Nights in August...Help please.

I was wondering why it took you so long to reply by your standards.. ha ha!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 Nights in August...Help please.

And thanks everyone, we appreciate your time and it looks like we are all set to go now...we can’t wait as it sounds fab and yes you are right we may bump into each other..

If we think of any more questions we will be in touch.

Reply to: 10 Nights in August...Help please.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pissouri