We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malia for young at heart 50 + ladies

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Malia for young at heart 50 + ladies

Hi just wondering where exactly the Malia mare hotel is with regards to The strip and old town Malia . Seen a decent priced holiday mid may. Also what might the weather be like . We are in our 50's and don't mind lively for part of our holiday. But also like a traditional restaurant/bar Any thoughts / advice much appreciated Amanda

Mentioned in this post
Malia Mare Hotel
Malia Mare Hotel
211 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Malia
Malia
Crete, Greece
The Red Lion Gastropub and Restaurant
$$ - $$$, European, British, Greek
Nostimo
$$ - $$$, International, Greek, Mediterranean
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malia for young at heart 50 + ladies

Sorry about duplicate posts. It told me the first one had failed. Me an technology blush blush

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,988 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malia for young at heart 50 + ladies

As you look at it on the map, the strip looks like an upside down Y. The hotel is located on one of the arms of the Y, so it isn't going to be the quietest of locations, but it is the quieter of the 2 arms, if you see what I mean, and the main clubs etc are further down near and after where the roads meet.

It's a very convenient location for everything except perhaps the beach, which is probably 15 minutes walk away. shops etc are on your doorstep, bus stop is 2 minutes away, old town also just a couple of minutes.

I don't know if it's any help, but we stayed at Maria Rousse last summer, which is in a quieter location but still only a couple of minutes from everything except the beach, and I'd say it was more or less perfect - lovely apartments, a family atmosphere, 2 pols, lovely gardens, plenty of sunbeds etc etc:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskH454fU

We went on a package with Olympic.

BTW, I'm in my 60s and enjoy a good night out, I like many of the bars in Malia, but the clubs are out of my league! We left them to our 18 yr old son...

Mentioned in this post
Malia
Malia
Crete, Greece
Whitley, United...
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malia for young at heart 50 + ladies

Hi personally it would be our worst nightmare, although not the busiest time in Malia the hotel is situated on the pedestrian part of Malia, amongst the shops etc, so it could be very noisy.

Due to its location it's a dream position for the youngsters, they can crawl home , covered in booze and sick , wake everyone up and not remember anything.

Mentioned in this post
Malia
Malia
Crete, Greece
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,913 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malia for young at heart 50 + ladies

Hi there

With regards to the weather in mid May it's starting to warm up as is the sea, although Pools and the Sea will still be a little bit chilly, I would take a light jacket, as you may this when sitting outside late at night, so expect temperatures of late 20s during the day and late teens at night.

brighton
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malia for young at heart 50 + ladies

Agia marina /platanias might be worth a look ladies.

Mentioned in this post
Agia Marina
Agia Marina
Crete, Greece
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malia for young at heart 50 + ladies

Doubt any youngsters will be out then, most will be in the middle of exams in May, It's normally July/August hence the cheap deals on offer.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malia for young at heart 50 + ladies

Thanks everyone for your replies, we've decided to go for it and booked . It's good to hear it's well located cept for the beach but we don't mind a little walk on the days we do decide to go there . I think we'll both be fine as far as noise around the hotel or even at the hotel as we're both a lil hard of hearing lol . We like the sound of the old town so will spend lots of time there as well as nipping back to Sissi for the day to see the lovely folk at the Marigianna .

Mentioned in this post
Sissi
Sissi
Crete, Greece
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,913 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malia for young at heart 50 + ladies

Enjoy your holiday ladies :-) :-) have an amazing time :-)

Sissi, Greece
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malia for young at heart 50 + ladies

Hi Amanda

I am sure that you will have very enjoyable holiday!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malia for young at heart 50 + ladies

Thanks MG And Dimitris ,

We will defo pop along see if your in your office Dimitris to say hello whilst we're in Sissi

Mentioned in this post
Sissi
Sissi
Crete, Greece
Get answers to your questions about Malia
Recent Conversations