We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malia 2016!!!!!

North Yorkshire...
1 post
Save Topic
malia 2016!!!!!

booking malia next week!

wanting to know how much it costs for a drink?

is it worth getting a event package before we go?

has any one stayed at the sarpidon apartments and if so what was it like?

is the water park any good?

what are the best places to go to?

x

12 replies to this topic
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: malia 2016!!!!!

we're going August 23rd-30th want to know about drinks prices too x

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: malia 2016!!!!!

Hi there

A large beer 500ml from €2,50, spirits about the same as here but much larger measures, bottled stuff like Breezers about the same as here. Cocktails start at around €3-4. Lots of bars offer happy hours or BOGOFs so work it right and you can drink cheaply all evening.

There are three waterparks within easy reach, Star Beach between Hersonissos and Stalis, Aquaplus on the Kastelli road south of Hersonissos and Water City at Anopolis, a bit further west near Gournes. For my money Aquaplus is the better one but you would need to either book an excursion or take a taxi to get there.

As for "best places to go" that depends really on what you like to see and do.

Edited: 02 November 2015, 21:32
London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: malia 2016!!!!!

Hi ruby t, I was in malia in July, this year it was €5 a drink near enough every where, unless you go to a supermarket of course. There is one bar down the bottom of the main strip, I have forgot what it is called, but they where offering unlimited head f*ckers for an hour or so for 15 euros, but don't let drink prices put you off, as they don't measure how much alcohol is put into each drink, a single out there is like a double back home.

I have not stayed at the place you have booked.

Water park is pretty decent, enough to do there for a day, decent food and drink served there.

In terms of the best places to go too, from my experience was go down the beach, do the water sports, do a bit of shopping explore the surrounding areas of malia, there are some nice restaurants away from the main strip, I'll be honest I didn't explore so much as I was so tired and hungover but I regret it a bit more now, but I suppose I'll do it all next summer! Good luck, if there's any think else just ask.

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: malia 2016!!!!!

Hi ruby t, I was in malia in July, this year it was €5 a drink near enough every where, unless you go to a supermarket of course. There is one bar down the bottom of the main strip, I have forgot what it is called, but they where offering unlimited head f*ckers for an hour or so for 15 euros, but don't let drink prices put you off, as they don't measure how much alcohol is put into each drink, a single out there is like a double back home.

I have not stayed at the place you have booked.

Water park is pretty decent, enough to do there for a day, decent food and drink served there.

In terms of the best places to go too, from my experience was go down the beach, do the water sports, do a bit of shopping explore the surrounding areas of malia, there are some nice restaurants away from the main strip, I'll be honest I didn't explore so much as I was so tired and hungover but I regret it a bit more now, but I suppose I'll do it all next summer! Good luck, if there's any thing else just ask.

Edited: 08 November 2015, 08:58
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: malia 2016!!!!!

Yes i agree prices of drinks pretty high as it's classed as a kids resort but it is the best resort for youngsters out of all the islands. They know the kids have money to spend. You will enjoy it great beach with waiter service and very friendly. Save up and go and enjoy.

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: malia 2016!!!!!

As Pamela says above, the prices for drinks tend to be hyped up in Malia as it is the "party central" 18-30 resort of Crete. This applies to the "strip" area, but Malia also has a Old Town where you will find prices usually set at a more normal level. Some lovely little tavernas in the Old Town as well as an alternative to the madness of the strip.

The Sarpidon Apts are, in fact, situated in the Old Town and are around a 7 min walk or so down to the top of the strip. There is a lovely little taverna called the Kipouli Bar just as you come out of the lane down from the Sarpidon.

Edited: 08 November 2015, 19:44
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: malia 2016!!!!!

I agree the old village is lovely superb taverna's. I am over 60 but took grandaughter and stayed at villa condessa run by father and son. Superb great apt. and big balcony. The father got out his mandolin the last night and played it and sang to us. Such lovely people.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: malia 2016!!!!!

Get down to tiger bar and ask for one hour headfu*kers which costs 15 euros, the staff there from last season were amazing! Best start for a night out

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: malia 2016!!!!!

I'm heading to malia this year July 2016 and I was wondering how much to bring for two weeks? And what the best excursions to do when out ?

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: malia 2016!!!!!

I was in Malia last year! What a vacation! I spend most my nights in Warehouse club and in Malibu bar. They are on the malia strip. Cheap but quality drinks and great music! I spent a day in Aqua splash with my girlfriends. Had a blast!Have fun! I envy you!haha

Reply to: malia 2016!!!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Malia