We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Malia from Heraklion airport

3 posts
Save Topic
How to get to Malia from Heraklion airport

Hello,

We are 5 friends who are travelling to Malia this August.

We arrive to Heraklion airport at 10:30PM (22:30), and I was wondering how can we get from the airport to Malia?

I've read that there is a bus, but I'm not sure if we can still catch it at that time.

Also, if not, how can we find a taxi or some other transport service to our hotel?

Thank you in advance for your response,

Shimi

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Malia from Heraklion airport

If your flight is on time and there are no hold ups with baggage you could manage the last bus that runs from Heraklion to Malia at 12.00 quite comfortably and with there being 5 of you that is going to be your best option,as a taxi will only take 4 of you so you would require two taxis.

Here below is the bus timetable with directions to the bus stop at the terminal as well as prices.

rethymnon.com/TheBus-Bus-Service-Crete/…

If you do prefer to be better safe than sorry and want to pre-book a couple of taxis then here is a link to a well recommended local company with their price-list and journey times.There will be plenty of taxis at arrivals if you don't make the bus,so pre-booking is not going to be essential.

http://herakliontaxi.com/en/taxi-prices.html

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Malia from Heraklion airport

Thank you for your comment!

We actually arriving a bit earlier, I'm guessing that at 22:30 we will be free to get out of the airport.

The problem is, that check-in in our hotel is until 00:00, so I'm guessing we need to find 2 taxis, or a mini-van.

what is the best (reliable and chip as possible) option?

The link above talks only about a taxi with 4 sits...

Thank you in advance :)

Edited: 13 August 2016, 06:34
swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Malia from Heraklion airport

Here is a link for their mini-van prices.

herakliontaxi.com/en/mini-van-prices.html

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Malia from Heraklion airport

Thanks! althoughm it's kind of expensive?.. The Heraklion airport website offers a link to some other taxi service, and it costs around 60euro. Is it reliable?

Sorry for all the questions, thank you in advance

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,498 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Malia from Heraklion airport

If you want to take the bus, why don't you speak to your hotel and tell them that you need to check in a little after 00.00? They can only say "No", but I doubt that they would, and you'll probably find them a bit more flexible than the rule sounds. It must have happened before: flights do get delayed, and people do arrive later than they expected to.

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Malia from Heraklion airport

If it's Suntransfers that your on about then i think you'll find it's a little dearer than that,i did a dummy booking for next week and a return journey to Malia for the 5 of you came up at €106.42 compared to Heraklion Taxis who quoted €130.00.

To be honest between 5 of you that's a pretty good price when you split the costs,below is the reviews page for Suntransfers so have a look and make your decision from there.

Good luck.

https:/…suntransferscom

7. Re: How to get to Malia from Heraklion airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2016, 17:21
Warsaw
Level Contributor
43 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to Malia from Heraklion airport

I see buses are really frequent, but I have one doubt: do I need to take a bus from the airport to the city centre first, and only there I will find a bus to Malia? Or bus from Heraklion city stops in the airport on the way to Malia?

sligo
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get to Malia from Heraklion airport

The buses for Malia stop outside the airport. Allow approximately ten minutes for them to get from the station to the airport.

10. Re: How to get to Malia from Heraklion airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2017, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Malia
Recent Conversations