We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malia in September

3 posts
Save Topic
Malia in September

Hi I'm going to malia 6-13th September with my bf! Just wondering if it will still be busy and how much spending money would be recommended? Thanks x

9 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
940 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malia in September

Hi Emma32323

Yes, Malia should still be busy for the time you're there - it tends to be towards the end of September when it gets quieter, once the UK college and university terms have started.

It's really difficult to tell someone else how much spending money to take when we don't know your holiday habits: if you're self-catering will you be making your own breakfasts and lunches and only eating out in the evening, or will you be eating out three times a day? Do you stay round the pool at your hotel/apartments (free sunloungers) or go to the beach (sunloungers usually chargeable)? Do you absolutely cane it when you go out at night, or are you more restrained? Do you or your bf drive so want to hire a car? Do you want to get out and about on organised excursions or on public transport?

We stay in Stalis, which is possibly a bit cheaper than Malia, and as a rough guide we budget 100 euros per day: that's for breakfast out, sandwich made in the apartment with bread and what-have-you from the supermarket, dinner out, drinks on the beach all day (couple of frappes, water, soft drinks, couple of beers), supermarket shopping (bread rolls, cheese, tomatoes, soft drinks, water), couple of drinks at the pool bar before we go out for dinner, then after dinner drinks until about 2 or 3am. We don't hire a car but we might have a couple of days out on public transport to other towns. 100 euros a day means we're not skimping, but we always bring money home with us.

HTH,

Cass

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Malia in September

As stated above, Malia will be plenty busy enough on the dates you'll be there, so no worries on that score.

For the same reasons Cass mentions, it's impossible to say how much money you will get through as it will be dependent upon how you intend to spend your time on holiday, but she has given you a good guide for starters. Always take or have access to a bit more than you think you will need just in case of emergencies etc.

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Malia in September

Thank you for your replies, much appreciated! We are bed and breakfast, probably just snack between breakfast and dinner sandwiches etc like you say.. And then out for dinner at night. Probably stay at the hotel pool most days and go to the beach etc couple of days too. We want to try a couple of the water sports activities, and will be drinking quite a lot haha. I was thinking of taking 800 Euro which is enough for 100 a day plus some extra. Glad to hear it will still be busy! Can't wait. Thanks again for the replies!

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Malia in September

Oh and just to make sure.. You mean you budget 100 euro a day between a couple, not each? Lol!

Manchester, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Malia in September

Is there any idea how livley it will be from the 13th-20th September?? going over with 2 freinds and wondered if it would be dead

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
940 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malia in September

Emma32323: yes, I meant 100 euros a day between us, not each! Flippin heck, I'd need to re-mortgage to go on holiday if I needed 100 euros a day just for me! lol

mike k: Malia will have quietened down a bit by 13th I think. Most of the Brits will be back in the UK, either at college or getting ready for uni. It won't be dead though.

Cass

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malia in September

Thanks for this topic, my wife and I are heading to Malia 12-26 September and I've been dreading it for the 18-30 shenanigans.

We're staying in the Primavera Beach which is seemingly on the Strip and I've been worried about constant noise and anti-social behaviour. We're both in our mid/late 40s and usually go to Stalis but the wife booked this one...

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,083 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malia in September

Primavera beach is on the beach road, but it's at the bottom near the beach. The busy part of the strip is at least 200m away from there, on Dimokratias and Mattheo Zahariadi, inland of the junction between Dimokratias and Grammatikaki:

http://tinyurl.com/z5l7dxn

so I wouldn't worry about noise from the strip. Of course, the hotel may be full of revellers, so you may find that there's noise in the early (and not so early) hours. Clubs tend to finish about 4am, but there are often other after-hours parties, so a lot of people don't get back home till 6am or so.

Buckhaven, Fife
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malia in September

I am also looking at the primavera beach going out on the 21st of September with the majority of us being between 40-50 & wondering if it will be suitable for us!

Reply to: Malia in September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Malia
Recent Conversations