We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beaches

Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best beaches

I am travelling to Montenegro next week. Could you please recommend me some city/village with sandy clean beach to relax and places where we could take a walk and spend the evenings.

Mentioned in this post
3 replies to this topic
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,218 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beaches

Montenegro Beaches are all clean, but not sandy like in the carribics. There are a mix of sand and little gravel, still nice. Budva has 35 Beaches, I am sure you would find one you like, plus it a vibrant place with a lot of nightlife/restaurants/bars- Right next to it is Budva Becici Beach, you could either take the little shuttle bus or even walk to it, it is a very nice beach, but after sunset there is not much to do there, but worth a visit as it is a rather large beach with some nice beachclubs/bars/restaurants.

One of the most popular Beach in Budva is Morgren 1 and thru a cave, Mogren 2. You can reach it outside the old town, pass the Avala Hotel thru a nice walkway(5 min walk) to the beach, walk thru the cave to Mogren 2, there is also a nice beach bar/restaurant there.

Mentioned in this post
Budva
Budva
Budva Municipality, Montenegro
Becici Beach
Becici Beach
439 Reviews
Becici, Montenegro
Avala Resort & Villas
Avala Resort & Villas
919 Reviews
Budva, Montenegro
Mogren Beach
Mogren Beach
786 Reviews
Budva, Montenegro
Durham
Level Contributor
180 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beaches

Ulcinj has volcanic Sandy beaches but is a fair bit South of the main sightseeing things. It is a shallow beach, so you are a fair bit out before swimming. The important bit I thought was to go into the paid bit, five euros for two and an umbrella in the centre, as they clean their bit of the beach (fish out the tabs). Didn't make it to the miles upon miles of the long beach.

On an evening it is lots of people strolling on the promenade. It is a little bit not quite ready for mass tourism, which is undoubtedly heading its way.

Mentioned in this post
Ulcinj
Ulcinj
Ulcinj Municipality, Montenegro
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,218 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beaches

Trsteno, one beach pass Jaz(which is nice too) is rather sandy and has shallow waters too for some meters, it is really nice and has two rather good beach snack bars. Probably a 15 min taxi ride from Budva. It is lively as families like to go there because of the shallow waters, but I always enjoy myself there

Edited: 10 June 2018, 17:33
Mentioned in this post
Trsteno Beach
Trsteno Beach
91 Reviews
Budva, Montenegro
Budva
Budva
Budva Municipality, Montenegro
Reply to: Best beaches
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted