We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any other nice towns

GEORDIELAND
Level Contributor
942 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
Any other nice towns

Will be based in broadstairs intending to do whitstable .hearn bay and deal any other nice towns i should visit

4 replies to this topic
Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,794 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any other nice towns

I gather you are preferring to travel by train, so Faversham is another 'nice' town that I recommend people visit. It's the stop after Whitstable on the train but totally different - it's not on the coast and has a very historic, pedestrianised town centre easily walkable from the train station, loads of pubs (including two micropubs) and a brewery.

www.faversham.org/visit_faversham.aspx has plenty of info

In the other direction between Broadstairs and Deal is Sandwich, an incredibly historic teeny-weeny little town like nowhere else in Kent for it's well-preserved old town.

I see you're already planning to visit Canterbury which is the other obvious choice.

Don't forget to check www.visitkentoffers.co.uk to check for 2 for 1 attraction offers in the places you might be visiting.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,950 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any other nice towns

Depends how you define nice but ramsgate has some great architecture, though a bit run down these days

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
4,613 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any other nice towns

Its about 45 miles away but Rye is a lovely town

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,794 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any other nice towns

Rye is a bit further, but could be done, with a simple change of train at Ashford International - it's like Sandwich but better - more impressive and with more going on, in my opinion.

From previous posts I think LETITROCK has already considered Ramsgate and Margate.

Reply to: Any other nice towns
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Broadstairs