We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broadstairs for my 25th

London, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Broadstairs for my 25th

I'm considering a trip to Broadstairs over the weekend for my 25th birthday and I was wondering what sort of things there are to do there. I also wanted to know where else in Kent people would recommend for a group of friends in their 20's.

5 replies to this topic
Essex
Level Contributor
28,817 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broadstairs for my 25th

Broadstairs is a pretty place with nice "seaside" sandy beaches and cliff/coastal walks, but not a lot else....

If you like a classic cafe this might work...

morellisgelato.com/stores/europe/broadstairs

What do YOU want of your B-day??

London, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Broadstairs for my 25th

Thanks for your reply! I just want a fun little trip, with nice scenery and a few restaurant and bar options.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,817 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broadstairs for my 25th

Well, Broadstairs is lovely (IMO) and might suit...

However, also IME, it is somewhat staid, so if you want a lively place, with clubs'n'pubs, try elsewhere....

http://www.visitbroadstairs.co.uk

Edited: 25 September 2014, 07:22
Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broadstairs for my 25th

Broadstairs is relatively small but has a suprisingly high concentration of good restaurants, pubs and bars all close together so I would say go for it. The weekend after (Oct 3rd-5th) is the Food Festival weekend which takes over the seafront and can get crazy busy, so this weekend coming (sept 26-28) would be a good choice to avoid those crowds. If you run out of things to do, try a train trip into Canterbury (coincedentally has a Food Festival this coming weekend)

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broadstairs for my 25th

Just seen that trains between Margate and Minster, via Broadstairs and Ramsgate, have a rail replacement bus service this weekend due to engineering works, so a train trip into Canterbury might not be such a fun idea after all.

Reply to: Broadstairs for my 25th
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Broadstairs