We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Barcelona Airport to Santa Susana

Belfast
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting from Barcelona Airport to Santa Susana

I am arriving at BCN on Sunday night at 8pm and want to travel to Santa Susana. What is the best/cheapest way? This is my first time in Spain. Any help would be very much appreciated.

187 replies to this topic
derby
Level Contributor
597 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Barcelona Airport to Santa Susana

The easiest would be a taxi or private transfer.

The cheapest is to use the train, which will cost cost at most EUR 5.80. I'm not sure if you can buy a through ticket.

From the airport trains depart at 8.28 and every half hour for the city centre. Get off after c.20 mins at Sants station, which is the main one.

Change at Sants to line C1, towards Blanes or Macanet, departing at 9.24, 9.58 or 10.33. There will be other C1 trains that don't go as far as Santa Susanna. Journey time is 1 hour 10 mins.

This info is from renfe.es/cercanias/…index_horarios.html . You will find a map of lines on there - "plano".

SS station is at the south end of the town so you may have a walk of 10-15 mins to your accomodation. Alternatively there are taxis.

Belfast
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Barcelona Airport to Santa Susana

Thank you very much - that has been useful.

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Barcelona Airport to Santa Susana

just for info we did this journey last week and although i knew we needed line one they seem to be in the middle of doing up sants station and there were no signs to say where the lines were!!! even though i´d been before i found it quite hard. there was no one to ask without queing up for ages but i did manage to find someone and without even checking he told me it was platform 8 so i´m guessing it must always be platform 8. knowing that would have save me a fair bit of time. the ticket is 3€20 from the airport and santa susanna is mainly based on one long road so you should find it easy. it´s a nice train ride

Belfast
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Barcelona Airport to Santa Susana

That's great. Thanks very much for the information.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Barcelona Airport to Santa Susana

Hi there,

I will be doing this trip next week with my family.

Is it easy to do? How long is the train from Barcelona Airport to Santa Susana?

Also, as a back up - how much would a taxi cost from the Airport? I heard it was approx 1e per km, is this correct?

Belfast
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Barcelona Airport to Santa Susana

I have now returned from Barcelona and can advise you to get the train - it is soooo easy and very cheap. Airport to Santa Susana is only 3.20 Euros each. The journey takes about 1hr 40 mins in total but you change at Sants. Because we arrived on Sunday night i was a bit concerned about train times and cos we had just missed one to Sants we got a taxi for the first part of the journey. This cost us 28 Euros which I was happy enough to pay because we were able to catch the earlier train to Santa Susana. On our return we booked a through ticket from Santa Susana and it was easy peasy. The journey along the coast was very pleasant also. I hope this helps.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Barcelona Airport to Santa Susana

Hi PaulDean

I am going to Santa Susanna (arriving at Barcelona airport) in October but don't land until about 9.40pm. I have looked on internet for transfer and the cheapest return is £63 for 2 adults and 1 7yr old. Would the trains still be running if we arrive at that time (taking into account delays) and how much would it cost for 2 adults and 1 child? Is the train station far from airport as I will have 3 suit cases in tow? Regards Debbie

ps How near to Santa Susanna Hotel will train stop?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from Barcelona Airport to Santa Susana

where did you find transfers for £63 for 3 sounds quiet good.

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting from Barcelona Airport to Santa Susana

that's £21 each. it's only 4€ on the train. SS is pretty much all in one long line. You would be able to find your hotel quite easy. There are a number of hotels right opposite the station. Where are you staying

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting from Barcelona Airport to Santa Susana

Hi

Thanks i am staying at the santa susanna resort hotel.

Reply to: Getting from Barcelona Airport to Santa Susana
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Susanna
Recent Conversations