We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap breakfast place?

Princeton Junction
Level Contributor
72 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap breakfast place?

We’re on Anna Maria right now. Having trouble finding any reasonable breakfast places. Any suggestions? I can’t believe the locals are paying $10+ for an egg and bacon. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Anna Maria
Anna Maria
Anna Maria Island, FL
15 replies to this topic
Massachussets
Level Contributor
420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap breakfast place?

What about the beach cafe at Manatee Beach? Breakfast with a beautiful view. We never ate breakfast there but dinner was very good.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap breakfast place?

Cortez Cafe is our go to place right off the island on Cortez. What about Minnie's ? We go there, also.

Mentioned in this post
Cortez Cafe
Cortez Cafe
287 Reviews
Cortez, FL
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap breakfast place?

What about donuts for breakfast? You can try Donut Experiment or Paradise Bagels?

Mentioned in this post
The Donut Experiment
The Donut Experiment
1,227 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
United States
Level Contributor
6,855 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap breakfast place?

You probably already had breakfast by now, but tomorrow try Peach's.

Two eggs, toast, fruit or hash browns, and coffee, $5.99

Mentioned in this post
Peach's - Holmes Beach
Peach's - Holmes Beach
560 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
upstate NY
Level Contributor
535 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap breakfast place?

Prices at Anna Maria Oyster Bar on the BB pier don't seem too bad. I haven't been there yet -- hoping to visit when we get to the island THREE WEEKS FROM TODAY!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Anna Maria Oyster Bar
Anna Maria Oyster Bar
487 Reviews
Bradenton, FL
kutztown, pa
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap breakfast place?

I agree with beach cafe on Manatee and there is a little cafe right over the bridge on Longboat called Longboat Cafe. Cheapest is to eat in.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap breakfast place?

We ate at Peaches for the first time this year and liked it. Very crowded on Sundays but good service and food. Minnies was just okay and we had a long wait on a Sunday. Long wait to eat and long wait for food. Service was just okay. The service at Cortez Cafe can't be beat.

Mentioned in this post
Cortez Cafe
Cortez Cafe
287 Reviews
Cortez, FL
Michigan USA
Level Contributor
460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap breakfast place?

I'm a bang for the buck kind of guy, low prices but good food/experience. We will be there for 6 days and I have narrowed the breakfast options to 3 places.

Beach Cafe on Manatee

Rod and Reel

Minnies- have not been yet but sounds like it is in my wheelhouse

Level Contributor
741 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap breakfast place?

Add coffies for two (+$4) and you're pushing a $20 check at most places we go including my most hate to be place, the "Paradise Cafe" (she likes fresh bagels....) We will travel over to Judy's on Cortez before we leave but there is really no "cheap" breakfast on the island. If I'm doing eggs, there's got to be bacon! The best at Cortez Kitchen. Now, if I'm really in a hurry, I will go to Dunkn Donuts for one of those sandwiches.... I think adding coffee there might get you out with a $15 check for two!

An aside, when Bradenton Beach was negotiating with the potential operators at the Bridge Street Pier, one of the Selectman said he wanted a place that had a $3 breakfast just like the "old days...." I think he lost his argument on that....

Mentioned in this post
Cortez Kitchen
Cortez Kitchen
421 Reviews
Cortez, FL
Bradenton Beach
Bradenton Beach
753 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
Bridge Street Bistro
Bridge Street Bistro
855 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
kutztown, pa
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap breakfast place?

Yep--the sign will say cheap breakfast but add the coffee or juice and you are generally up to $10. The same is true for getting a cheap burger--nothing is cheap on the island (or anywhere when eating out).

I almost forgot--we have done Wicked Cantina on our morning walks for breakfast. We just know that even the "all you can eat pancakes" will end up not being cheap.

Mentioned in this post
Wicked Cantina Bradenton Beach
Wicked Cantina Bradenton...
705 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
Reply to: Cheap breakfast place?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted