We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train or bus to Yantai, from Qingdao?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Train or bus to Yantai, from Qingdao?

We will be in Qingdao in the first week of July, then plan to spend two nights in Yantai before returning to Qingdao for our international departure.

Anyone has taken train from Qingdao station to Yantai? Bus would be slower ??

Also if we arrive Qingdao on 1st July, and go to Yantai on Sunday 9th July, could we get the train or bus tickets after we arrive Qingdao? Do we need to buy and book seats in advance for return tickets to and from Yantai? and can it be done a few days before the trip?

Mentioned in this post
Qingdao
Qingdao
Shandong, China
Yantai
Yantai
Shandong, China
4 replies to this topic
Qingdao, China
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Train or bus to Yantai, from Qingdao?

Hello,

Time wise the train is a bit faster. I had a look at Ctrip website and there are many connections each day. One adult ticket costs around 70 RMB for first class (I recommend that one, or even the fancy business class). Train takes between 90 minutes and two hours.

I don't know how much a bus ticket goes for these days but it probably is a bit cheaper than the train. Bus usually takes around three hours but there might be traffic jam on the way. There are several bus stations around town, so that might be more convenient for you.

Overall I recommend the train. It's a bit faster, reliable and easier to use than a bus. And you can walk around and have more space in the train. Buying tickets when you are in Qingdao is good and then better buy the return ticket as well.

Mentioned in this post
Qingdao
Qingdao
Shandong, China
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train or bus to Yantai, from Qingdao?

Thank you for your advice. Definitively will use the train and get First class seats.

If I arrive Qingdao on Sat 1 July, would still be any chance to get 2 x 1st Class seats for departure on 9th July? Or too late then? I am thinking of getting tickets on line before arriving Qingdao.

Edited: 04 June 2017, 14:02
Mentioned in this post
Qingdao
Qingdao
Shandong, China
Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train or bus to Yantai, from Qingdao?

The train leaves almost every 30 minutes from Qingdao North station.

Takes between 1 hour 16 mins, to 1 hour 45 mins.

Costs 60 RNB

https:/…postreply

Mentioned in this post
Qingdao
Qingdao
Shandong, China
Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
932 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train or bus to Yantai, from Qingdao?

Qingdao... abor: You needn't offer condolences, we lived there too. I don't miss the refinery smoke, higher rents (especially during Olympics) and stale air shed over the Jiaozhou bay. For a weekend of different nightlife we go stay with friends in Qingdao, but for everyday work and a pleasing environs we live in Yantai.

~~~~ Sorry for the confusion. When I read the post 5 years ago, I expressed my condolences to OP for her lost, not Yantai.

The post is updated recently so I wonder if OP lives well in Yantai.

Mentioned in this post
Qingdao
Qingdao
Shandong, China
Yantai
Yantai
Shandong, China
Reply to: Train or bus to Yantai, from Qingdao?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yantai
More Yantai Topics