We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yantai to Dalian

Orange County...
Level Contributor
6 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Yantai to Dalian

Any advise on fast boat from Yantai to Dalian?

Mentioned in this post
Yantai
Yantai
Shandong, China
Dalian
Dalian
Liaoning, China
12 replies to this topic
Dalian, China
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Yantai to Dalian

Did someone travel between Dalian to Yantai recently onthis ferry ? I have two daughters and want to take my car along. could someone tell me the procedure. ?

Mentioned in this post
Dalian
Dalian
Liaoning, China
Yantai
Yantai
Shandong, China
Basel
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Yantai to Dalian

I just did the passage by boat from Yantai to Dalian (April 2018). Takes you 7h with a large, solid and safe ferry. It runs 6 times a day, 1st one starting at 9am.

The ferry doesnt start from the 'International passenger terminal' (boats go there to Korea as they told me there). Ships do Dalian start from the 'Yantai Port Passeneger Terminal' which is a bit north west to the train station at Huanhai Road. Also the tickets can be bought there.

I bought a 'sitting' place, so I did only get a ticket for 3rd class. Y180 per Person. With this ticket you can only sit in the 3rd class passenger room where there are a lot of quite ok comfy chairs. Also you can access the deck at the stern of the boat and the dining hall. There some meals are served but you better bring your own food to the boat, hot water is everywhere available. Also there is a little shop on the boat.

There are more comfortable tickets available so youcan get a bed or evenen you own romm ("Touris class" is written on the ferry for those rooms"). But as the ride lasts 7h and if you do it during the day, then you could spare the money for more reasonable things...

Entering the boat there was an elevator to go up, but when leaving you had to carry your luggage down the stairway.

The ferry arives in the north of Dalian. After leaving the ship you get picked up by a bus which takes you in about a 3 mins ride to a dropoff point where also taxis will be waiting. I took a taxi there to Dalian city centre, which takes about 45 mins (if good traffic situation) and Y 66.

All in all the passage from Yantain to Dalian is a nice experience and easy way to travel between these two destinations.

Mentioned in this post
Yantai
Yantai
Shandong, China
Dalian
Dalian
Liaoning, China
Reply to: Yantai to Dalian
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yantai