We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Yantai

Pittsburgh...
1 post
Save Topic
Coming to Yantai

I am coming to Yantai in a month and would like to have current information of types of living accomodations. I don't want to stay in a hotel but my coworkers tell me I don't want an apartment on my own. Anyone willing to help me get acquainted with what I can expect once living in Yantai?

2 replies to this topic
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Yantai

It's snowing heavily in winter there. South Korean seen everywhere. Evionmerent is good. People is generally good hearted, accommodating compare to other regions of China. This is shared character of all parts of East Shandong. But really it snows more by Yantai than other parts of this region. Wind also blows throughout year like Qingdao, Weihai.

Yantai
Level Contributor
66 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to Yantai

You may find it difficult to rent an apartment for just a month. Owners usually rent them out by the year with a year's or six month's rent in advance. Hotels are quite reasonably priced - a decent 3 star usually goes for under 200 RMB a night. If your colleagues can find an apartment for you for a month, that would be much better value, but make sure you have power, water and furniture. Also, summers are hot, so make sure you have air conditioning. I live in an apartment and don't think you'd have a problem being alone in one.

Reply to: Coming to Yantai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yantai
More Yantai Topics